Twilight Tuesday

Twilight Tuesday is up and LIVE!  Meet Jacob Black/Taylor Lautner!  (And yes we know he switched two words in the quote, please don’t fill up the comments remarking on that statement.  He did very well on the spot with MTV!)

There will most likely be a blog commentary on the video or an article write up posted later tonight or early tomorrow.  We will update this post with those links once they are available.  In the mean time…

An MTV staffer now hooked on Twilight has some questions for the fans.  They are all common questions that new readers to the fandom have, so head on over and share your Lexicon knowledge with her!

Comments

1. Claribel says:

i love seeing interviews with him because he just seems so outgoing and friendly, he´s always smiling and laughing. To be honest it´s a nice change from the other interviews with certain cast members who seem so bleh and they dont want to be there. Even if that´s just who they are I love watching bubbly people =p
    I am looking very forward to watching him bring Jacob Black alive!

2. Jessica says:

OMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! DID YALL SEE ROB WALK BY IN THE BACKGROUND??!! I LOST MY THOUGHT…FORGET JACOB.. MY EYES ARE TRANSFIXED ON EDWARD!!! WOOPIE!!! YAYAYA!!!!

3. BluthEmployee says:

Okay if you guys didn’t BRING up that he messed it up. I’m sure no one would have cared or known.

4. edward was in the background???Omg i’m watching it again!! lol

taylor totally reminds me of a jacob-personality, which is good!! :D

5. dazzled says:

omgsh, he is in the background!!!!!!!!! AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im in love.

seriously, during class i get so mad that it’s not coming out for another 74 days, i just want to stand up and scream!!! lol right there. good thing i haven’t…yet…:]

6. Eee! He’s so cute. I’m really starting to like him, and I don’t mind him playing Jacob anymore. He’s so adorable. -squeels-

7. hahah…robert/edward passed in the background, i got completely lost with the interview…..

8. Funny laugh, big smile…he looks like he can really pull this off. Although i think i like Taylor better than Jacob. But thats just the vamp-gal speaking. I still have respect for Jacob and Taylor is adorable!!

9. Taylor= Awsome Jacob!
    But Robert still manages to steal the spot light!!!
    Even though he was only there for a few seconds…. :)

10. hjsamel, if you’re going to compare actors to their previous work, you might as well compare all. Not pick and choose.

11. KateCullen says:

Wow, this guy is so endearing! He has such a “Jacob” way about him, what with his flirtatious winking and all. He seems so fresh-faced, young, athletic and earthy: just the way I picture Jacob (not the one for Bella but definitely my type!;)). I think he’ll do such a great job with the role and I can’t wait to see it in December!

12. cinderella1950 says:

I think he fits the part well for the movies. I love it when the actors are really excited about the parts they play. He’ll do a great job!

13. Lialice says:

It’s so cute! That Taylor kid is perfect for Jake!

14. thanx for the youtube link ‘e’ ….. mtv’s videos are so unfair to the canadian twilighters like us….
    yeah…i think he’ll pull it off, and play jacob’s parts pretty well….he’d better play it well, cuz although i’m on team edward, i’m really kinda fond of jacob too….

15. yay Jacob! :D i thought Mike was going to be on Twilight Tuesday this week? oh well i am not complaining :)

16. ok….this is kinda off-topic….
    but have any of u noticed that apart from rob and kristen, kellan lutz is the only major character who’s in the twilight teaser trailer?….i just realized when i was watching it for the 100th time…LOL

17. Thanks for the youtube link! I love that that was his favourite line. I thought Mike said his interview was gonna be on twilight tuesday though…Maybe next week? :-]

18. wait taylor was in that video… only thing i saw was rob =P

19. twilight balooza says:

i love taylor lautner he is hottttt

hotter than rob :) :)

20. edwardcullenistotallyhot says:

Gosh Taylor is a bit annoying… well at least it’s not another interview with all those ‘ya know’ and ‘uhm’… He suits the role of Jacob, but only in the first movie, coz I can’t imagine him growing that much if they decide to film both movies next year. He’s too ‘boyish’, but hey they could always use CGI to make him look taller right?!?!

21. Danny Chipman says:

Maybe the early hour (here) is making me unobservant, but where on earth IS the new video clip? I can’t find it on the MTV Twilight site anywhere. The newest thing is the trailer. Anyone got a link for me, please?

22. Claire Ateara says:

STILL LOVE THIS KID! :D

23. AllYouNeedIsMusic says:

HE IS SO CUTE!!! :]]]]]]]]]

24. I think he’s got a great personality, he’s young, excited and having fun. If anything he is more like Jacob… he’s happy, all smiles, silly, a bit immature, and easy on the eyes. Even if he isn’t the best actor, if he’s just someone what like his true personality, he’ll still be great. So I’m so happy MTV makes these videos and I just can’t wait for the movie.

25. antonia says:

AHH that was adorablee :)
    i love how he winkes in the end .. so cuteee :)
    hes gonna be a good jacob black :)

26. ha ha… he cracks me up
    and so cute too!
    he’ll make the perfect jacob!! =)

27. I am unconditionally and irrevocably……..convinced that Taylor’s gonna be the greatest Jake imaginable. Adorable even. And I couldn’t be more team Edward, I want you to notice that :)

28. team jacob says:

he is going to be a great jacob. i cant believe how dedicated he is to his character. it really shows these people care a lot about the movie. he just cracks me up! i cant wait for the movie!!!

29. Lirael Cullen says:

he’s too cute hahah and he’s younger than me!! Awesome video! Totally loving Twilight Tuesdays. And poor Taylor!!! Being put on the spot like that!! I’d get tongue tied to if i was on camera hahah Anyways Thanks Lex!

30. Samantha says:

I love him hehe. I’m team Edward but he is so cute. With the wig on he definitly looks the part. Also, I know that you didn’t want lots of comments on his quote, however I don’t remember that being in Twilight….wasn’t it in one of the other two books? I just re-read the book and I don’t remember that part….? I’m just kind of confused right now….

31. La tua Cantante says:

Samantha:
    HI! THAT QUOTE, “DOES MY BEING HALF NAKED BOTHER YOU?”
    IT’S ACTUALLY IN ECLIPSE! on pg.216
    It’s when Robert talks to Jcob on the phone and asks him to come over so he can sniff out the scent in Bellas room to see if he recognizes it. He shows up wearing nothing but a pair of cut off jeans and is also bare foot. This is when he explains to Bella that it’s a pain to carry stuff around when he turns.
    But i know you already knew that.
    It does go to show that Taylor read all three books thoug!!!
    I think he was just giving his favortie quote out of all the books.

32. A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e. I really like him.

I mean, he doesn’t even have to act! Look at him. He IS Jacob. :D

33. Melz Syndrome says:

I so happy that we get something from Taylor. Honestly, I love all the Bella and Edward interviews and whatnot, but I’ve been so interested in knowing more about Jacob in the movie.

:3 Sure did make my friend squeal this morning when I showed it to her!

34. I saw Rob in the background! Tee-hee!

35. La tua Cantante says:

Lets not forget that it wouldnt just be Jacob runn9ng around half naked in New Moon and Eclipse!!!!!!!!
    Ther are more Quilutes guys out there!!!!!
    WOOPEEEE!!!!!!!!! Lots of Half naked Native American guys running around sounds o.k by me!!!! YES!!!

36. La tua Cantante says:

ONE MORE THING,
    I WILL ALWAS SUPPORT TAYLOR,
    BUT I STILL THINK IF HE JUST BULKS UP MORE AND AND THEY MAKE HIM LOOK TALLER(if they go on to make New moon)THAT HE WILL STILL JUST LOOK LIKE A 16 OR 17 YEAR OLD BOY THAT JUST BULKED UP MORE.
    JUST BECAUSE YOU BULK UP SOME MORE DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK OLDER…I WAS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM LOOKING OLDER IN HIS FACIAL FEATURES AND STUFF.
    Jacob is supposed to look 24-25,but I will deal with it IF they go on to make the next movies just for pure joy that they are being made.
    Once again…I STILL think that Steven Straight would have been a good Jacob for New Moon and Eclipse cause he also has his own charm to him,ya know? I mean,come on,He has to be some sort of competition for Bellas affection agianst The perfect Edward Cullen.
    FOR EXAMPLE(once again) for me,
    AND LETS KEEP IN MIND THAT JACOB IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER.
    IF YOU WERE TO PUT ROBERT AND TAYLOR ALONG SIDE EACHOTHER AND SAY CHOOSE..FOR ME,DEFINANTLY ROBERT.
    BUT, IF YOU PUT ROBERT AND STEVEN STRAIGHT ALONG SIDE EACHOTHER…AND SAY CHOOSE…I WOULD BE LIKE,
    UMMMM,HMMMMMMMM…DANG…THIS REALLY IS A HARD CHOICE.
    and plus..Steven Straight is around 24 or so…just like Jacob is supposed to look..and I dont care if people would say well he will be older in the next couple years cause isnt’ Robert 22 and plaing a 17 yr. old? see my point??? and honestly I really dont even think that Steven looks any older thatn 24.
    I think that I am having a problem with it cause It would have been not gross for ME to drool over a guy that was around the age of 23 and so on to drool over playing Jacobs character..but since Taylor is only 16 or 17…it’s just not possible for me since I am in my 30′s.ya know..it’s just not the same.
    But I will pass no Judgments on Talyor and am looking forward to seeing his trasformations!
    CAN ANYONE ELSE UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VIEW?

37. britishtwilightfan says:

taylor is ok for twilight- remember hes supposed to be 15, and look around 14-15. he doesnt really “mature” until new moon, and remember new moon movie isnt confirmed yet

38. Edward > Jacob [[of course]] says:

wait im kind of confused… if their WERE sequels would Taylor Lautner play Jake? Because in Eclipse [And New Moon] Jacob has the body of a 21 year old and is like six foot nine. Would they get a new actor who looks more like him or would they just cut out the book appearence of Jacob all together. Maybe he’ll grow a lot in the next few years but it doesn’t seem likley. Artificial growth hormones? It just seems that Jacob’s physical appearnce is a big deal in the books just because it marks him as a werewolf. ahh well i’m not a jacob fan anyway so the stupider and wimpier he looks the better for me and Edward. and it just helps my JACOB IS STUPID AND HAS A PYCHOPATHIC OBSESSION WITH BELLA BUT IS SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH EDWARD campaign.

Please remember our site policy on relationship shipping. ~admin

39. La tua Cantante says:

Edwar>Jacob
    WOW! you sure said a mouthful didn’t you?
    Actually…I KIND OF SEE IT AS JACOB HAVING TO PUT UP WITH BELLAS CRAP(not dissing on Bella cause I like her too0 CAUSE HE WAS COMPLETLY WAS THER FO HER AFTER EDWARD JUST LEFT HER AND HE KEPT HER TOGETHER.THEY WERE HARDLY SEPERATED AND PRETTY MUCH JOINED AT THE HIP, AND BECAME BEST FRIENDS… BUT WHEN EDWARD COMES BACK SHE PRETTY MUCH JUST DITCHES HIM ALMOST FOR A WHILE.
    THATS NOT WHAT A BEST FRIEND WOULD DO IN MY OPINION.
    I THIHNK JACOB HAS EVERY RIGHT TO FEEL HURT AND ACT A LIITLE TICKED OFF…CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS PISSD THAT EDWARD HURT HER SO BAD? HE WOULDNTR BE MUCH OF A FRIEND IF HE DINT EXPRESS THIS.
    OH AND YOU TALK ABOTU LACOBS OBSESSION?
    EDWAD SEEMD MOE OF THE OBSESSED ONE TO ME SHEN HE DIDNT WANT BELLA TO MAKE HER OWN DECISIONS AND KEPT HER AWAY FROM WANTING TO SEE JACOB.
    I REMEMBER MY BROTHER COMMETNIG ON THAT PART OF THE BOOK TO ME AND SAID TO ME…OBSSESIVE MUCH?
    HAHAHA

I LOVE EDWARD AND JACOB AND IT’S OK YO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION BUT DO IT WITH SOME CLASS.

40. Pigs are amazing [[Gloria]] says:

you know we can still read the campain and i totaly agree

41. Love the wink at the end!

42. Pigs are amazing [[Gloria]] says:

thanks but
    what wink

43. Pigs are amazing [[Gloria]] says:

wait me or the edward > jacob

44. I find it exciting and encouraging that he’s familiar with the story and lines that’ll take place after Twilight! Yay for sequals! I know it isn’t guaranteed, but I think we have an excellent shot at more movies!

45. Christine says:

i think he’s cool and he will play the part of jacob well
    however the wig is really really UGLY
    and well im still on team edward

46. hahahaaa!! i luv the little wink at the end :D

47. He’s a cutie!

And as for the MTV lady asking all those questions…why doesn’t she just read the other books?!

48. aww i luv taylor hes soo cute ^_^ i just dont like who hes playing..i dont hate him i just dislike him cuz of how he was in Eclipse..but still Taylor is cute AND hes online a year older than me so i have more of a chance with him than rob =P

49. Taylor is so cute. He might even make me like Jacob! *gasp* lolz