First wave of vids from SLC

Pel and I have both returned from our quick trip west to SLC and are getting back to real life.  We had a great time and were taken good care of by the SLTA ladies.  Pel has been busy uploading the various bits of film footage we took while we were there.   Here are just a few to get us started this morning.  We will have much more as the day goes on including the Q&A and pics of all the great Host related t-shirts we saw!

Preview inside the venue

The very, very, very long line

Counting down to opening the doors

Getting Host Tatoos

The Host Family t-shirts

The following video of the May 17th The Host signing Q&A is courtsey of Geo:

Comments

1. love2dream says:

Alphie and Pel, you ladies were so much fun to hang out with all weekend. Can’t wait to see the rest of what you put together. Shout out to the SLTA (identified by the black shirts and yellow sashes written with our soul names)!!! You ladies rock!

2. inspiredbytwilight says:

It was so fun to finally meet Alphie, Pel and a bunch of SLTA members!

3. screams high pitches says:

These videos are wonderful. I love the girl who came dressed as Wanderer all beaten up from being in the desert and the caves. There’s something amazing about being in the same room as other avid fans who really want to celebrate Stephenie and the wonderful world she has created for us. Stephenie Meyer fans are UBER creative.
    Alphie & Pel, thank you so much for your coverage of this event. I know you must be completely exhausted from your whirlwind weekend, but I can’t help but scream out in high pitches “we want more!’

4. vampireartist says:

IT WAS SO AMAZING!!!! i can’t believe i got to go. and i got all my books signed. i love you guys!

5. The videos are awesome! Everyone is so pumped and excited. I love it. I wish Stephenie were coming to Canada again :(

6. Cellano says:

Oh wow videos! lol that was awesome you guys came to the front of the line. We had been waiting all day thinking when are Alphie and Pel showing up? Thanks for coming it was so fun to see you guys.
    Thanksgiving Point sadly wouldn’t let us camp out, but they let us come at 9 am. I’m in the black Host shirt in the line vid, and Wanderer is my friend. ^^

7. Haha, looking at the video: Stephenie’s speaking at Hogwarts!

8. Somethingblue says:

Alphie & Pel – You guys are our very own celebrities! What cracked me up was the little rush of fangirl squeals as you guys walked along the line. Thank you for sharing your vids with us!

9. WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Thank you both, Pel and Alphie, for sharing your visit with us!!!! :D :D :D

10. and of course… it is blocked…as usual…gotta wait till i go home…*sigh*

11. Sprtygal says:

What a great assortment of SM’s SLC weekend! Thanks for the great coverage and for playing with us all weekend. Way to go Sm fans for showing your host love.

Canzone e Bella I LOVE your face painting skills girl!

12. Dimples says:

The signing was so much fun and it was great having Alphie and Pel with us! SM fans are so much fun, it was great to see how creative people were. And of course Stephenie was amazing. Thanks for all of the memories!

13. oooh cool love the videos and photos

14. emily101 says:

I LOVE THE HOST, AND I’M ONLY ON PARAGRAGH TWO!!!

15. emily101 says:

YOU GUYS HAVE TO READ IT!!!!!!!!! IT’S THE BEST.
    BUT NOT BETTER THAN TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

16. VampGirl says:

OMG!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I’m at school and the computers need a special cord 4 sound so all I see is Steph standing on stage saying somethin. Btw I LUUUUUUV THE HOST I FINISHED SATURDAY!!!!!!!!! :)

17. Did she mention she has been working on another book…while she was talking about Midnight Sun?

~~~ She said she had a ghost story she was playing around with, but no other details.
    Alphie

18. Shakespeare did the first love rectangle with A Midsummer Night’s Dream. :P Where else have we seen that being referenced in relation to Stephenie Meyer, hmm? ;)

19. I was really impressed with your footage. You ladies did a wonderful job. I truly never get tired of seeing Stephenie interviewed. She is so down to earth & really cares about the questions put to her and the fans in attendance.
    Thank you for sharing such a great event!

20. I can hardly believe the weekend is over. *Chokes back tears* We had such a great time. Thanks for coming out and playing with us Alphie and Pel you are both amazing. The signing was amazing especially the part where I met SM!! (obviously)

21. NenaCullen says:

I hope you guys had fun here in SLC. We had a great time partying with you, thank you so much for coming and being such good sports. :)

22. La tua Cantante says:

I LOVE THE VIDEOS..
    AND HONESTLY, I THINK THAT NATALIE PORTMAN COULD TAKE ON THE ROLE OF MELANIE(if there was a Host movie made),I THINK SHE IS DEFINANTLYT TALENTED ENOUGH AND WOUD BE PERFECT!!!

QUESTION FOR THE STAFF OF THE LEXICON:
    ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS GOING TO BE AT THE PORTLAND SIGNING TOMARROW?
    cause if not my brother(who had the Terry Blas Twilight Art sight you displayed on here during that Twilight guys day)
    will be going also and said he is taking his video camera and also said he would be willing to tell his story of what goes on at the Portland signing to share with those of us that cant be there. I personally would like to hear and see as much of the Portland signing too!!!

23. You guys rock!!! I wish I could have been there. It looked like it was a lot of fun. :(

24. Alphie and Pel, it was so great to meet you both! I had a fabulous time with all you ladies this weekend and it was a great break from my real life. Meeting Stephenie and getting to hang out with everyone was great! I even kept my paper bag! So thanks you to everyone especially Dano, Alphie, and Pel, who made this weekend so enjoyable!

25. La tua Cantante says:

IS ANYONE FROM THE LEXICON STAFF GOING TO BE AT THE PORTLAND SIGNING???

26. I am so excited that I got to meet ALphie and Pel at Thanksgiving Point! They were so nice, I’m glad that they’re running Lexicon. There couldn’t be anyone better. Thanks for all that you, and the rest if the staff do. That’s a lot of work for you to be doing for us. Thanks

27. urcoolcarrie says:

it was so great meeting you guys in person!! thanx for coming up to salt lake!! :)

28. Thanks for the SLC info. I just moved from there recently and I was watching the video of the “Host Family” and I knew that family. They were my neighbors 2 years ago. I guess it’s a very small Twilight world. :-)

It looks like everyone had a lot of fun.

29. DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Utah and I freakin couldn’t get tickets to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. bellarocks/brings the sunshine says:

Thanks Pel and Alphie for all you do to make the SM world live more vibrantly for all of us! It was terrific having you here in SLC – you are both amazing…and dang fun!! Thank you, thank you!!

31. edwardlvr says:

I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hehe it was sooooooooooo awesome to meet her

32. oooo we get a long video Thanks you guys your the best
    I LOVE YOU

33. Chyeah boiii!!!!! That was awesome I love Stephenie, she’s absoluetly wonderful!!! Thanx so much for all your hard work and for keeping us updated Lex! Go Steph! :D

34. shoppingw/alice says:

What a weekend!!! I don’t know how Stephenie does it weekend after weekend. I was exhausted. But it was so much fun hanging out with the SLTA. Alphie and Pel are just as much fun in person as they are on the Lexicon. Stephenie was an amazing speaker. It was great to get more in sight of The Host.