Breaking Records!

/Film is reporting that the Twilight trailer is close to breaking the online record for most views!  The record is currently held by Indiana Jones.  I know it’s work, and a terrible thing to ask…but KEEP WATCHING THAT TRAILER!  :D  Seriously Twilight Fans!  We know you can do it, go watch that trailer like you have never watched it before!  Invite your frineds over, have a party around it!  Call it a Twilight Teaser party!  Count how many times you watched it and report your numbers here!

WATCH THAT TRAILER On MySpace!!!!

This just in…We are currently at 1,915,426 views.  Indiana Jones had 4.1 million in 7 days.  So we need another 2.2 million views by Monday afternoon!  I know you can do it!  Email the trailer to all of your friends too!  We have the weekend to make history!  We will keep you posted on your progress all weekend!

Edit: As of 2:53 EST – 1,939,460 views thats 20,000 views in the last 3 hours!  Go Twilight Fans Go!  Remember to refresh the page.

Edit: As of 3:50 EST – 1,957,895 views thats another more then 18,000 views in the last HOUR!!!!

Edit: As of 5:03 EST – 1,985,836 views!  That 27,941 views in the last hour!!!  Holy Moley!

Edit: As of 12:27 EST – 2,102,264 views!  Keep ‘em coming people!  We can do this!

Edit: As of 5:27 EST – 2,221348 views!  Over 300,000 views in about 24 hours!  WAY TO GO!

As always there are people who sound off on blogs knowing nothing about what they are saying just because they can. Don’t feed into the negativity. That’s exactly what that type of person wants. It only serves to reinforce their stereotype of ignorant, rabid fangirls. Let’s kill them with kindness and an healthy dose of articulate facts. In the end, that makes the point without sinking to their level.

In other news…Scullingonsquam answers some of your questions about her journey.

Brynne from Kansas City along with a movie theater co-worker unrolled a happy suprise this week!!!  The Twilight One-sheet!

Comments

1. Jessica says:

I watch the trailer once every ten minutes; I can’t get enough! =D That’s awesome that we’re so close to breaking the record.

2. yay! I love the trailer.

3. wait..but there are several links out there to the trailer….do they add them all together, or just pick out one of them?

As long as you are watching it on the official MySpace, that’s what they are basing the hit count on.  Summit may control many things, by MySpace’s server isn’t one of them. It’s basically unbiased verification.
    Pel

4. NenaCullen says:

Hehe, I have seen it well over 50 times without exagerating… and I don’t mind another few times… what’s Indiana Jone’s record anyway?

5. Celeste says:

I can wait!!!

6. Midnight_Sunshine says:

I’ll gladly watch the trailer. which website? I can’t wait for the book signing!

7. its not work!

it gives nothing but utter pleasure to watch it again and again and again!

8. La tua Cantante says:

R U KIDDING!!! i CAN’T STAOP WATCHING THAT TRAILER!!!
    I WATCH IT WHENEVER I CAN GET A SPARE CHANCE!
    MY FAVORITE PART IS AFTER EMMET TELLS EDWARD,SHES NOT ONE OF US! AND THEN IT SHOWS ROBERT CLUTCHING ONTO THE CAR WITH A REALLY INTENSE LOOK ON HIS FACE!
    (plus just let me add that the dark contacts look SMOKING ON HIM!!!) UH! I LOVE THE LOOK ROB GIVES! I HAVE THAT PICTURE SHOT NOW ON THE COVER OF MY PHONE!HAHA!
    WONDER WHAT MY HUSBAND WILL THINK OF THAT..he will just roll his eyes,heehee. He likes the series too!
    I JUST FELL THAT THE STORY OF TWILIGHT IS TO GOOD FOR IT NOT TO BE A GREAT MOVIE(regerdless if others arent happy with some of the cast)BUT I HOPE THE RIGHTS ARE GIVEN TO DO THE REST OF THE BOOKS INTO A MOVIE…
    I MEAN..COME ON, JUST TWILIGHT DOESNT TELL THE WHOLE STORY!
    LOOOOOVE IT!!!

9. So what’s Indiana’s record? I watch it several times a day! My heart is cranked up to like 150. "Wait until 22 mai, then we’ll see the offical trailer" True?!?

See cocoa’s previous post. What’s up now is a teaser. A fuller trailer will be out later this year probably summer.
    Pel

10. Ooooohhhh! We so have to WIN that record!! I watch it whenever I have the chance!! Is that true? That the official trailer is coming out in May? If it is I’ll totally wet myself. :$ I thought it was in the summer! http://www.twilightcast.wordpress.com xx

Another trailer will not be out till later this summer.  ~Cocoa

11. MoonStarWithWings says:

I love this so much… I can’t stop watching it – every day I have to see it, and it makes me feel so weird!!!
    I HAVE TO SEE THE FILM =D

~MoonStar

PS – I only hope they don’t ruin the books…*cough*spidermonkey*cough*

12. La tua Cantante says:

VEESPI
    I WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT TOO.
    IT SHOULD HOPEFULY BE ANSWERED SO WE CAN KNOW IF WE SHOULD BE WATCHING THE TAILER ON A CERTAIN SITE,OR IF THEY COUNT WATCHING ALL OF THEM ON DIFFERENT SITE INCLUDING THE ONE ON YOU TUBE..DO THEY ONLY COUNT THE VIEWS ON THAT SITE POSTED UP TOP HERE ABOVE???
    PLEASE,IF ANYONE KNOWS OR CAN FIND THIS OUT,CAN YOU PLEASE LET US KNOW???!!!!

13. God, you guys ask so much from us. *Drags feet to watch trailer again*

14. I watched it twice already today just getting the links for this post! LOL

~Cocoa

15. FilDeCuivre says:

The day I heard the teaser was out I watched it 12 times non-stop. After that I’ve watched it every single day, so now I’ve probably seen it more than 50 times :)

I guess you don’t even have to ask us to watch the teaser. Probably half of the people who are on the Lex is now watching it :D

16. Don’t watch it in youtube!!!!

17. Oh you know Ive watched it 20 times today already haha. I will be watching it more later.

18. I’ve seen it over 20 times by now… and I don’t mind watching it again :) except that I can only watch it once at a time and then have to re-open the link again after a while because otherwise it’ll start skipping on me and that’s not fun :( I love the trailer though, makes me grin every time I see it :D

19. boo!

I can’t myspace is blocked from my work computer

I’ll have to go into rambo mode when I get home lol!

20. Everyone aim for 100 views a day!!!!

21. Meredith says:

question:

how come when i click the link you guys posted, it says we’re only at around 1,420,000? am i missing something?

22. Nightangel says:

Meredith: One has to sum up the HD-Version and the normal one.

I keep playing it – even without watching :).

23. Cellano says:

oh wow this is so entertaining. ^^ I love refreshing my page after every minute and watching the number of views going up. I’m watching the HD one and it seems the numbers range from 300-500 every minute, that would be so cool if we could beat Indiana Jones! Keep watching everyone. ;)

24. radlove says:

i’ve watched it somewhere around 30 times, but since i’m stuck at home, i shall watch it repeatedly!

25. this trailer gives me goosebumps ever time i watch it!
    they both act so well with their expressions! in the woods:: he actually looks like he wants to eat her. at the accident:: his face is saying ‘oh my god what have i done’roberts/edwards crooked smile is PERFECT
    i also love kristen stewart!!
    there is no doubt THEY ARE BELLA AND EDWARD i can’t imagine anyone else playing those parts

26. i am doing my best guys!!!!!

We can do this!!!!!!!:)

wootwoot!!!!!!

27. in what movies can i see the trailer?? i mean, if i’ll go see a new movie in the cinema tommorow, is there a good chance i’ll see the trailer? i sure hope so!

28. i think we overloaded myspace!

29. I’m watching it allt the time! We now have 1,926,957 views!
    We should be able to reach 2 millions today! Meybe even 2,5 millions! Keep watching people!
    I love this trailer! It’s amazing!

30. Using a mouserecorder one could keep watching it in cycles even without being at the computer :)

31. MareBear says:

I just love how crazy our fanbase is :)

I second the advice given about responding to some of the rude comments made about our precious Twilight. Please ignore it or make an intelligent comment in respone. It will only have the adverse affect.

32. Sophia says:

lol the views are going up about 300 per minute! thats really good! if we keep this up we can do it!

33. Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hey, I’m all for Twilight being a huge success, but let’s not get carried away. I mean, c’mon, this is Indy we’re talking about here. This is the guy that can de-manhood another guy from 12 feet with a bullwhip, dude! The guy took on the forces of evil in not just one, but THREE films and WON! I don’t think we need to be bringing on any trouble by out-viewing the trailer for his fourth film, okay.

Let’s just take it easy, here. Calm down. Did I already mention that this is INDIANA JONES we’re dealing with?

Break Indiana Jones’ record. What are you people thinking?

(Just kidding – I’m all for this doing that to Jones. I just had to say something because Indiana is one of my heros and my favorite Harrison Ford character, with Han Solo running a close second)

34. Dang it! I hate it when I misspell stuff.

Heroes – not heros.

35. Jennifer says:

We need to view this trailer like 50,000 times an hour…

So far there are only around 8,000 hits (as far as I can see) since about noon today. REFRESH, PEOPLE!!! REFRESH.

Cancel your Friday plans….and REFRESH.

36. Jennifer says:

*18,000

Oopsies…

37. La tua Cantante says:

It’s constantly on at my house!!!
    Every time It ends I just push start again in between the stuff I have to do around here!!!!!!

38. Sophia says:

i’ve watched it about 20 times but is going so slow and keeps stopping!

39. we will totally beat those Indiana Jones fans, they will face the wrath of Twilighters! muahhaha

40. Karina says:

WOOOHOOO!! We are so freakin AWESOME!! I know we can do this!! I am freakin watching it while i’m at work with no sound (Ofcourse hehe!) and the images are just as BEAUTIFUL!!! Go TWILIGHTERS!!!! YAY!!

41. Ginnie says:

Hitting play over and over again won’t help increase the number. You have to refresh the site so that your visit counts.

42. Sophia says:

i’ve put up lots of differnt tabs so i can watch it at like 4 times at once! is that cheating?

43. Ginnie – I was going to say something to that effect. Glad someone else beat me to it.

Page hits aren’t counted unless you actually reload the page. Hitting refresh forces a complete reload, including grabbing all of the latest graphics and other elements on the page.

44. Brandie says:

I just keep refreshing the page. I’m not really watching it, but I’m listening to it over and over. I think I’ve listened to it about 200 times in the past hour.

45. Watershock says:

just mass email the myspace link to everyone in your email list.
    and tell them to forward it because it’s awesome.

46. Sophia says:

How will we know if we’ve beaten the record?

47. Stella says:

REFRESH!!!!!!!!!

48. twilighter says:

TL – you guys need to smack the link to the trailer along with this article if you want it to be really efffective.

It is linked in the article.  Where is says Twilight Trailer. ~Admin

49. Would embedding it in a page and having people watch the trailer count as a view?…
    just wondering.
    Lexicon, you so rock. Every day I get up and have to check my Twilight news and you are the ONLY twilight fan site that I actually like enough to return to daily.
    Well, ok, I don’t return to it, I never leave…
    It would be nice if there could be some kind of time-stamp on posts, sometimes, though, because that way we could know at which point during the day we were at however many views…
    just sayin’ ;)

50. AHhh I love our fanbase! (:

1. […] Don’t forget to check out the Twilight Trailer.  It is soo close to breaking the record for most viewed trailer online!!! […]