Jackson Rathbone Interview

Jackson Rathbone, Jasper in the Twilight movie, granted the Twilight Lexicon an interview. As you’ll be able to see, Jackson shares the same quiet charisma and old soul intellect of his on screen alter ego…in other words, start swooning now :)

Photobucket

Some highlights include:

"I walked to and from the audition playing my guitar to calm me, so to achieve a stoic over-one-hundred-years-old demeanor. And maybe a handout or two. Okay, one. One person gave me money. To stop playing… Ha."

"I had to learn to bat left-handed, so I tried for a week to do everything left-handed to get used to it. I was bumping elbows with people sitting next to me…"

"To prepare, I’ve been getting in touch with my anger. I see Jasper fighting with himself a lot to live a life of newfound morality. His love for Alice is all that keeps him from being a vampire like James."

Thank you again to Jackson for taking the time out to grant us this interview, and thank you to Cocoa for acting as our interviewer.

Also, the owners of the Jackson site mentioned in the interview are soliciting fan questions for their upcoming interview with Jackson, so stop by their site and check them out.

Last but not least, is another interview with Jackson here.

Comments

1. La tua Cantante says:

JACKSON/JASPER GETS EVEN BETTER LOOKING AS HE GETS OLDER,ROBERT TOO!!!

2. Okay, I now officially love Jackson! XD

3. So…Jasper’s left handed? I didn’t know that! Maybe I did, but I forgot. That part did confuse me a bit!

I absolutely love him as Jasper! Even before he was cast, I would always accidentally call Jasper Jackson, for some reason I just thought his name was Jackson, and then Jackson was cast! I must have been psychic or something! :)

*Sits and desperately wishes she were a redhead*

4. I knew I’d appreciate my red hair one of these days! Yay!

Yeah, why did they make Jasper left handed? That seems so random!

5. i can’t read them my adobe reader won’t work :(

6. The Twihard says:

There’s a discription of the teaser trailer of the Twilight movie, Twilight Series Theories posted it and it was found out by Twilight moms (I think that’s what it said). Here’s the link: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=297068838&blogID=385294162 The teaser trailer will be online sometime in the first week of May. And on May 9th, will be on the big screen of Speed Racer!! SOOO COOOL!!!

7. Left handed! That’s so cool! Jackson, I feel your pain of spiral notebooks! And binders, and the non-lefty scissors that rub into your thumb! :D But batting left hand always throws off the catcher!

8. filipamd says:

oh yeah, sacrifice yourself for the left handed people! *evil laugh*

excelent…

9. Great interview! Jackson seems like a really nice guy, and I could absolutely see him sharing Jasper’s quiet charisma and old soul intellect…

It seems like he has a great understanding if his character, and I loved the description of Jasper as “forged in war, born of death, saved by love” – that’s really spot on.
    The comment about the scene with him and Ashley was amazing as well: “She reveled in the wildflowers. I found solace in her beauty.” That’s just… *swoon*

I too wondered why Jasper had to be batting left handed… Well, I suppose it makes sense somehow!

– Thanks for doing the interview, Jackson! Can’t wait to see you as Jasper! :)

10. Hellish Red Devil says:

“Forged in war, born of death, saved by love.”

Welcome to Swoonfest ’08. :D

11. Yay! I’m happy they made Jasper left-handed. My bond and love with him has deepened even more

12. So he and Ashley get to run around the treetops too huh? I’m really interested to see these treeptop scenes. A little worried, but interested.

13. maybe stephenie told him that jasper was lefthanded? can’t see why it would be important though. maybe its crucial in the nect book! can’t quite see how but i think its a nice personalt touch to the character!

Jackson i soo sweet! aww those comments about him and alice! he seems really smart as well!

14. Andrea Leigh says:

jackson has the perfect personality& he IS jasper in every possible way. i can’t picture anyone else as jasper but him! hes fantastic!! yay we love you jackson!

15. uh, did anyone else hear that the official trailer is coming out before the speed racer movie, and it’s rumored to be coming online the first week of may?

that’s next week.

*falls out of chair; pees pants; has heart attack*

how will I ever survive two hours of a movie when thirty seconds of a trailer will make me have a reaction like that?? ^

16. Michelle says:

Aww, Jackson. Great interview! :)

17. twilight has been in the nyt bestseller for 37 weeks

hp has been there for 186

18. well.. if anyone reads this.. (it looks like the web wasn’t updated today..-_-) twilight series theories had a set visit:

Here’s their report…and.. PHOTOS!!! Rob.. looks…*sighs* AWASOME!!!!

19. AlaneyRain says:

I have had many doubts about Jackson playing Jasper, but something he said completely won me over…

“Forged in war, born of death, saved by love.”

It was amazing, and amazing..
    It gave me chill bumps…
    Amazing..

20. Hey Daniela:
    Thanks for the link. I went on the site and saw all those pictures!! They were great!! Thanks again for posting up the link.

21. Vampireloveaholic says:

Yeah I saw that, it’s so great that they got to go!

22. jackson is awsummm (Y)

23. mademoiselle.cullen says:

omg thanks 4 the link daniela
    rob is so HOT
    and those girls are so lucky!
    and jackson is really cute! i loved the interview
    i cant wait to see the trailer in may 9th
    woohooooo

24. anyone know where to find those trailer stills ?

25. Oh, so the trailer is coming going to be posted upon the internet? Good because I was SERIOUSLY considering going to that ‘speed racer’ movie to see the teaser trailer. Now I don’t have to =)

26. Mary Alice Cullen says:

He looks so so so hot in that picture! :) I bet even cutier in the movie

27. That wa sgreat. the written interview, although I can’t seem to get the link for the video interview….

28. littleyellowporsche says:

first off, Jasper makes me swoon!

You all have to go to twilighters.org. They have info about the Twilight Teaser trailer.

They have the transcript for the trailer! and a few still shots!

CHECK IT OUT!

29. Andrea Leigh says:

Kim; where did you hear that the official trailer was coming out next week? because that’s awesome! i agree; i don’t know how i’m going to survive the whole movie when i pass out at a 30 second clip!

30. Wanderer says:

They said that it will be a 50 second teaser…

31. wow he is like man candy…

32. elizabeth says:

i really hope it will be online. i don’t want to have to sneak into a movie just for the previews. but i totally will hahaha

33. The Twihard says:

Since my link is “Awaiting Moderation” did I do something wrong?

34. Originally i thought he would be a good Edward, but now i think he’ll be excellant for Jasper! his personality is perfect for the role, and he’s just so good-looking!

35. Yay!! An interview from Jackson!! He is adorable and his personality totally rocks! He’s perfect for Jasper!!! Plus he’s hot and he’s SINGLE!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! *swoons* lol yay!!! (claps hands in glee!) And a trailer!!!!! (collapses)
    Anyways thanks cocoa for the interview, again! Wow i envy you. Thanks again Lex and keep the interviews coming!!

36. and i forgot to add!!!!!! Somebody is finally sypathizing with us left handed people!!! YAY!!!! Jackson you ROCK!!!!!

37. i’m left handed too!! lol– more TM’s pics here:

38. TopazTears1527 says:

I feel very sad. I can’t look at the interview because my computer’s Adobe Reader is messed up and won’t let me see it.

39. mademoiselle.cullen says:

wooooooooooow
    the pics are awesomeeeeee
    i want to take an aeroplane and go to the set
    but i cant :(

40. Saiyachick says:

Goblet of Fire is on TV right now :p Robert yay

41. Sorry guys but I feel like a dork here so let me get this straight, the Twilight trailer will show up amoung other PREVIEWS before Speed Racer starts….right. Sorry if im being an idiot, my school just smacked us with state tests so, yeah, my brain hurts! Anyway as soon as i herd this i was so EXITED because I was already going to see Speed Racer anyway! :D :D :D

CAn someone help me?

42. Aggie,

What will be one of the previews of Speed Racer is the teaser trailer of Twilight..not the full trailer.

43. Sarah Lynn says:

YAY! for him liking redheads! I agree with jane, and we should start a fan club! I am glad that he is single, too! So, he is only 7 years older than me, but a redhead can dream, right?!

44. seraphicullen says:

Oh, he is just perfect.
    He’s absolutely adorable…
    and perfect for playing Jasper!

SO CUTE :]

45. just a theory of mine. maybe they made him lefthanded for some cinema trick filming. i dunno how that would work but maybe they wanted him to bat left-handed so they could flip the image or something. i have no idea.

46. Saiyachick says:

I believe the actual trailer will come out around August. Full length trailers generally come out 4 months or so before the movie comes out. I mean…for the 3rd harry potter film, the teaser trailer came out in december when the actual movie came out in June (or july).

47. starlight_starbright says:

jackson 0_0 *drools*

he’s so gorgeous! and so completely perfect for Jasper ^_^

48. i know this isn’t the place to comment about the trailer but i just saw on the twilight moms sight that summit submitted a comment saying that the trailer will be released the first week of may and debut with the speed racer movie.

MovieImp wrote:
    I just heard from Summit… here is a direct quote:

Quote:
    Just FYI the Twilight teaser trailer will be online the first week of May and up with”Speed Racer” on May 9.

i was going anyway, so now i’m even more excited!!!!!

49. oh yeah and it said to spread the news so i’m just doing my part.