Jackson Rathbone Interview

Jackson Rathbone, Jasper in the Twilight movie, granted the Twilight Lexicon an interview. As you’ll be able to see, Jackson shares the same quiet charisma and old soul intellect of his on screen alter ego…in other words, start swooning now :)

Photobucket

Some highlights include:

"I walked to and from the audition playing my guitar to calm me, so to achieve a stoic over-one-hundred-years-old demeanor. And maybe a handout or two. Okay, one. One person gave me money. To stop playing… Ha."

"I had to learn to bat left-handed, so I tried for a week to do everything left-handed to get used to it. I was bumping elbows with people sitting next to me…"

"To prepare, I’ve been getting in touch with my anger. I see Jasper fighting with himself a lot to live a life of newfound morality. His love for Alice is all that keeps him from being a vampire like James."

Thank you again to Jackson for taking the time out to grant us this interview, and thank you to Cocoa for acting as our interviewer.

Also, the owners of the Jackson site mentioned in the interview are soliciting fan questions for their upcoming interview with Jackson, so stop by their site and check them out.

Last but not least, is another interview with Jackson here.

Comments

1. Lexicon – What has been your favorite scene to shoot so far? Why?
    Jackson – Alice and I got to run around treetops. She reveled in the wildflowers. I
    found solace in her beauty.
    Lexicon – How would you describe Jasper’s character?
    Jackson – Forged in war, born of death, saved by love.
    Lexicon – Alice and Jasper have arguably the most spiritual connection of all the
    couples in the book. In your view what is the essence of their relationship?
    Jackson – Serenity.

awwwwwwww

2. Vampireloveaholic: I saved the trailer stills. :D

3. Stephanie says:

Officially a fangirl.
    He almost makes me swoon as much as Edward and Robert Pattinson (they are two different people currently if you are wondering).

Oh my gosh, when he said “I found solace in her beauty” my mouth dropped open.

Sa-woon.

4. Stephanie:

i know!!!!!!!!!!!!! right!

the trailer stills are amazing!

5. i smile at silver volvos says:

kool interview :) ya issy i just herd about the trailer and apparently it is gonna be played before that speed racer movie on may 9th. i really hope they post the trailer somewhere or put it before some other movie cause i reeaaally wanna c the trailer but i reeeaaally dont wanna c that speedracer movie

6. lala-swan says:

Jackson seems like a peacefull person, but at the same time, I can imagine his angry side being not so calmed. I really think he’s gonna make a good Jasper, I like him!!!

7. Jackson: Great!

8. TeamRobert! says:

I am so ridiculously confident that I’m going to love Jasper in the movie now. Jackson seems perfect for the part!

9. Excellent interview..He sounds like quite a guy..Real HOT too!!!

Love these lines:

found solace in her beauty.

Jackson – Forged in war, born of death, saved by love.

10. Jackon is great….I can totally see him as Jasper. So…. S’cuse me while i go dye my hair red!!!! lol jk

11. Ahhhh!! It was amazing. I saw him in a commercial once to fight smoking. you know and he was making out with a girl who was smoking only to pull away, cause her mouth tasted so bad. LOL. at least…. i think it was him

12. He seems really sweet and i lovelovelove him as Jasper!!!!!

13. TeamRobert! says:

Ha! I just found this website:

It’s hilarious!
    I love that guys are reading Twilight!

14. he’ll do an awesome job, just like everyone else casted! they’re all so perfect!! can’t wait.

15. Yes!! He is amazingly gorgeous and as he is described in the book ” tall blond brooding movie star” which is kind of what he is!!! Really sweet… and plays guitar??? !!!!!

16. great!! that interview was amazing. Loved it so much! He’ll do well playing Jasper, again can’t wait for the movie!

17. La tua Cantante says:

Teamrobert
    I know! I saw that Twilight guy site too!I also had my brother read the Twilight series cause he is a great artist and likes to draw characters from books he reads\and he also started a site just to post the begining of his Twilight series character art!
    if you want to checkit out its at
    I love it!and there will be more and he is going to give some art to Stephenie to during her tour!

18. Evanescence says:

He’s perfect for the roll! He even talks like Jasper xD

19. La tua Cantante”
    wow. I just went and saw the pic’s you said your brother drew and they were AMAZING!!! they looked a lot like the characters!!

20. TeamRobert! says:

La tua Cantante
    Wow! Your brother’s a really good artist! I love the one of Jacob! I’ve tried to get my brother to read Twilight, but he absolutely refuses! I’ve told him “Edward is stuck at the same age as you! You could learn a few things from him!” but he just smirks at me and says that he doesn’t think it’s really his type of book. I should show him that site! Ha!
    Anyway though, tell your brother his art is amazing and he is awesome for reading Twilight!

21. Chelsea Lorraine says:

*squee* He’s so adorable!!!!

I’m a lefty…I’m glad he respects us :-]

I’m so excited for him to be Jasper. He is going to be amazing at portraying my all time favorite vampire.

22. Elena Cullen says:

He’s awesome….and I got some really cool quotes from him! yaaay! :D he’s gonna be a good Jasper

23. I NEED TO SEE THAT TRAILER.

24. subtleconfusionx says:

haha he seems really cool XD he should make a great jasper =)

25. yes! thats my site!!!!!
    whoo!

26. i find it so funny that he was actually suggested to be in the Twilight movie and it turns out that he actually IS in the movie. he’s perfect for Jazz though

27. TeamRobert! says:

sonal – theinconstantmoon
    Yes, thanks so much for posting that earlier! I freaked out when I read it and then my friend apparently “almost died” when I sent it to her! I really like how this movie is going, I can’t wait, it sounds perfect!!!

28. TeamRobert!:

aw that sucks, but thanks! i know where i will be may 9th ;)

29. really may the 9th!!!
    oh man thats like killing me!

30. hmm
    he’s single
    i’m a redhead

haha nah

31. danceaholic:

ahahaahaha! go for it!

32. I love how ready he is to film the next 2!!! THANKS LEX AND PHASES!!!!!!!!

33. he has a thing for redheads…
    well, it appears to be my lucky day. :D

34. icky vicky says:

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. icky vicky says:

he will be a perfect Jasper. I’m suer we ALL can tell!!!!!!!!!!!

36. iluvtwilight says:

Looks PERFECT for Jasper!!! SQUEAL!

37. icky vicky says:

Im a redhead, too, Jessica!!!!!!HOW COOL IS THAT?

38. La tua Cantante says:

Thanks GUYS!!!I will tell my brother You guys like his Twilight Art!!!the first one he did of Bella and Edward I thinks acually really does look like Robert and Kristen !!!It’s funny cause people have asked me if thats who he used for insperation to draw whem and I said…I know it’s crazy they look alike but no…he drew them before the had even been cast! Keep checkeing the site for more Twilight character art that he will eventually put up! I know he has more but he is really buissy in art school but I will let him know that people re anxious to see more! I know I am! I think he could do art for movies and that is his intention eventually. make sure when you scroll down that you click on older posts to see all of them.
    here it is again if you want to see it! I Personally LOVE his version of the Jacob/wolf!!! and can’t wait till he posts more! It’s fun to see guys views on them!

and on the Jasper interview..I really like him!!! I remember when he was in that show beautiful people and I am glad they chose Jackson to play the part of Jasper!!! he’s pretty cute too!

39. lol wow… i love his as jasper….
    and i just love how he tried to do every thing left handed!!… (myself being a lefty) so i thought that was so awesome!! he really looks like he is trying his best to please the twilight funs! and i’m grateful!!

40. he definitely got Jasper’s personality down! He seems like an extreme introvert but i love that, and he has a very gentleman-y sort of essence. His use of language is beautiful, and he certainly doesn’t ft the average male actor sterotype! he is very natural, real, and open-minded.

41. Dancergirl says:

I love him as Jasper, he’s so perfect for the role. :)

42. excellent interview! I really hope he does come to South Africa – I’d love to meet him in person. great job Cocoa. :)

43. Well, I’m a brunette, so all of you redheads are lucky! Oh well, Edward “prefers brunettes” so I’m not disappointed!

44. It is difficult being left-handed. xP I take it they’re making Jasper left-handed, then?

Jackson is perfect for Jasper. He just…gets it. Hahah.

**Quoted the above**

I agree, as a lefty, it is hard. So he’s left handed. And my favourite character–two great qualities.
    I must say, I’m looking forward to the movie now…

45. “Forged in war, born of death, saved by love.”

… wow… I’m sold.

46. how come my comment is always waiting moderation? have i done something wrong oh no..

No hun, don’t worry. We will post the link to the Theories site soon.  However I am sending this news post to Jackson’s Rep so I need the comments on topic.  ~Cocoa

47. Well, he’s really got the whole “strong, silent” thing going on. I think he’s actually channeling Jasper.

48. Cocoa –

oh thank god! i was panicking!

i get you *winks and clicks fingers*

jackson you ARE jasper! and OH MY GOD the way you speak!
    so poetic!
    i love poets!
    lol

49. Amazing interiew! He is Jasper inside and out, every word he speaks is just pure poetry. I loved his line about how jasper was “forged in war, born of death, saved by love” I couldn’t have said anything half as meaningful and beautiful as that was. He’s simply fantastic, now where is my red hair dye?

One thing i was slighty confused about was the left handed thing. Is Jasper supposed to be left handed or something?