Mike Welch Speaks!

Mike Welch, Mike Newton in the Twilight movie, gave the Twilight Lexicon an interview.  Here are some highlights:

"Originally I auditioned for Edward. Ha! As soon as I read the description I knew it wasn’t for me. Although I appreciate my representatives thinking I could pull off, “hauntingly beautiful; the most unbelievably good looking creature the world has ever seen,” honestly, come on."

"I think he’s a cool guy. He’s finding himself, he’s working it out. I think he represents the high school experience for a lot of kids."

"The reception has been overwhelmingly gracious and quite frankly, freaking awesome. I’ve had a lot of fun with the online community."

Thanks to Mike for thanking the time out to give us this interview, and thank you to Cocoa for acting as our interviewer.

Comments

1. thanks a million!

2. IrishTea says:

i’m so glad they made him mike newton!

3. cullengirl says:

Wow, am I first? He is so adorable. I think he might make me a Mike Newton fan. LOL

4. I can’t see Mike as a Power Ranger–HA!!! I’m glad he didn’t get the role. :)

5. aw, he’s great. seems like a top guy.
    he’s going to do great! go mike!

6. Omg this part was awesome

I’ve worn the same coat everyday for the past couple of months. I
    pretty much only have the one… You certainly don’t have to send me a coat. I
    need to learn to fend for myself.

Thanks Lex!

7. Oh, Mike, how we love your quirkiness. =D Thanks for interviewing/posting, Lex!

8. team jacob says:

That was great. Mike is so funny. Like cullengirl said above, he just might make me a ‘Mike Newton’ fan. They couldn’t have picked a better Mike.

9. Wow–maybe it’s because he looks like a Mike I already know, but in my mind he matches EXACTLY to my mental image of Mike in the book. Freaky!

10. lol love Michael

11. I'mwiththevampires says:

I agree. Perfect Mike. I can’t wait to see him in the movie. I love his sense of humor/quirkiness about him. It reminds me of my sister. So, he must be tons of fun to be around!!

Love ya Michael!

12. Stephanie says:

He’s such a nice guy, awesome interview!

13. haha he’s so funny!! he really seems like a great guy, he’s perfect for mike :D i do agree with him though, i do NOT see him as edward loll XD

14. he’s so funny and the perfect mike. =]

15. hahahaha.
    mike newton has definitely become one of my favorite characters
    since michael welch got the part.
    he is just too awesome.

16. Michelle says:

He seems like such a sweatheart. I’m glad he’s playing Mike Newton. :)

17. Mike is a pretty cool guy. :)
    I like how genuine he is and how openly he responded. It’s very clear that he’s perfect for Mike Newton’s role and that he loves what he does.

I’m so happy for him. :)

18. Clarissa says:

Yeah he just fits into the role like he was born to be mike newton. XD
    He’s definitely cute but agreed, not Edward. I love his quirky sense of humour!

19. “It’s coming people. Ooooooo! It’s coming!”

He cracks me up! He’s the perfect Mike Newton, he really does remind me of a puppy dog! I can’t wait to see his portrayal of the character on the big screen!

20. Haha Mike rocks! And…

21. He’s so cute!

22. He’s just awesome and so loveable!

Thanks for the interview

23. lol aww hes adoriable
    whoever said he has a gross face is messed in the head… im not even kidding…

24. SnoWhite11120 says:

“One girl thinks I have a weird nose and a gross face…”

Aww. Poor guy.
    haha
    But he’s so adorable for joking about it and taking everything as it comes.
    He’s very modest and sweet, and SO FUNNY!!
    Love the sense of humor.
    Mike’s mind is a fascinating place…

We’re rooting for you, Mr. Welch!

25. seraphicullen says:

So Rob is writing Bella’s Lullaby.
    I’m quite eager to see how that plays out. :]
    He’s too sweet. E.A.M.C.

Well anywho, go Mike!

26. AW im glad he still calls us “twi-hards” i wanted that one to win. Go Mike!

27. ROFL he tried out for Edward?
    Ahhh well. Boys will be boys.

28. at first i really despied mike….but the more you put up about him and the more we get to see his personality, it make me love him! he is so cute.

29. He is so adorable!

30. hahaha he’s just hysterical. i love him…he’s the perfect mike newton. hahaa “don’t graffit-o-tag your local streets and go Lakers!” hahahhahahahha thats the best :]

31. Snow White & Blood Red says:

OMGSH. He is so sweet.
    I cant beleive someone would say
    he had a weird nose, and a gross face,
    because thats really immature, and
    not very openminded. Im sorry, but that
    was just plain rude to say.
    *Sniff*

YAY MIKE! WE ALL SUPPORT YOU!

32. QUEENCROWN says:

I love him!! He is so funny!

I think he’s very cute, that girl who said he had a gross face was very rude.

Love ya mike!

33. He’s as cute as a button!

34. Vampireloveaholic says:

He is so funny, haha I love his message to the fans, you rock Mike! I can’t wait for the other movies so you can read the other books muaha!

35. HE WILL MAKE A GREAT MIKE!!!

36. oohh, looks like someone has a little crush on Kristen hahaha

He’s so adorable! :D

37. Fantastic interview! I’ve been a fan of Mike’s for a few years now, so it’s nice to see him getting so much attention now =D

38. He’s so cute. But he’s right he could never be Edward i’m gald they cast him as Mike Newton. Imagine him as a power ranger! ;)

39. I need to add him to my people to meet list on myspace…such a funny guy! I love how is answers are real and match his personality and from other interviews and encounters I have read from other fans about Mike…he seems so nice!! Too bad he is taken :'( lol. Lucky girl!

All in all, this guy rocks…my socks lol. (corny and slightly dumb joke, but I couldn’t resist lol)

40. Hey i never noticed but in the interview he does kind of crush on kristen doesn’t he?! I should read better but i’m so used to just scanning it! :D

41. icky vicky says:

He is soooooooo cute. Not to be rude, but he couldn’t pull of edward… But at least he was honest!!!!

42. I love the fact that he basically said “Please don’t send me coats!”

43. “You certainly don’t have to send me a coat. I need to learn to fend for myself. :)” Haha, you just got to love Mike!

Great interview! Thanks Mike and Cocoa!

44. I love mike welch

45. I actually could have pictured him as an Edward =)

he’s such a great guy!

46. Aww, I love him! Everything he does makes me want to drop everything, run to Oregon and give him a huuuug – he’s so sweet.

47. he looks like a cool guy, but seriously.. imagine what it would’ve been like if he had somehow (hypothetically speaking) been cast as Edward! =O lol

48. great interview! has any one seen the Jackson interview on http://www.hisgoldeneyes.com yet? Its so great! He plays the banjo! I’m waiting for the Lex to announce it but i can’t contain my excitement any longer!

49. hahaha!!! I friggin love this dude!!! he’s so funny!!!!
    Thanks for zee interview!!!

50. bittenforever says:

Ya, I just finished reading that interview, I was about to post the link!!! lol You beat me to it!!! It’s a GREAT interiew!!!

1. […] He will update as soon as he can catch his breath. He had the opportunity to meet Cocoa and other Twilight Lexicon staff on the set his last day. Mike said they were great, very sweet and they interviewed him in person. You can check out his Q&A on Twilight Lexicon. Just click on their web-site and click actors interviews. […]