Canada Release Party

The Chapters and Indigo stores in Canada are planning midnight release parties for Breaking Dawn.  They are planning on having theme parties and would like participants in the party to vote.  Here is the poll asking what kind of party Canadian fans would like.

Comments

1. That’s awesome to hear! I was afraid they might not of been doing a midnight release party in Canada, but it’s nice to know they’re thinking about it!

2. aw I wish I lived in canada ^^

3. I’m in the US, but I’m going to be in the middle of the boonies when Breaking Dawn comes out. I wonder if Borders or B&N will be doing release parties at all of their stores?

We should have something on this regarding a major chainstore next week.
    Pel

4. Man I’m glad that they decided to do the midnight release party . Just wondering if it’s going to be everywhere in Canada or just a few places.

5. THANK FREAKING GOODNESS!
    I was super worried. Now I know to be @ Chapter’s @ midnight! (:

6. Ugh… I wish I lived in Canada..

7. Oh, I hope that one in Vancouver will be having a midnight release!

*crosses fingers*

8. Stephanie says:

Thank god! I was so worried they weren’t going to have one. I’m sooo excited. Good thing I live near a big city! Breaking Dawn release party here I come!

9. QUEENCROWN says:

Well If I were Candandian I would vote for Masquerade.

I hope the US has one!

10. Rosalie_twilight says:

So, which one in Canada will it be at?
    Langley,Vancouver, or Chilliwack(yeah right)?

11. myheroin says:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DO ONE IN VANCOUVER!

12. whoot! canada!
    good thing i live right downtown toronto ;)
    there should be 4 sure something going on

masquerade rox!

13. woot woot!!! im so happy!!! this rocks. i was scared they wouldnt do a release parties in canada. i really hope it’s masquerade!!!!

14. YAAAAAAY CANADA! :D

15. OMG yesss!
    I was seriously considering geting on a plane to get to a midnight party.. no need for that now :]

16. Emilyxx says:

omg yessss i hope they do one near where i live (kitchener). maybe there will be one in toronto!

17. I hope they have more than one, as there’s more than one city in Canada.
    I find it pretty offensive that there’s a pretty big fanbase here and they’re FINALLY getting around to figuring it out.
    Canada is always left out of everything and I’m glad we’re finally getting noticed.
    10 to 1 that I won’t have a party in my city so I’ll have to hold my own, though.
    Anyone else for Kamloops?! :P

18. OMG!! THAT’S SO AWESOME!!! I’m gonna be on a plane on August 2nd and my flight is 9am, and so i wouldn’t be able to even stop by a bookstore on my way to the airport becuz i need to be at the airport at like… 7am and bookstores open 8am. BUT NOW I CAN GET A COPY OF BREAKING DAWN!! YES!!!!!

19. yay for Canada! I’m so glad I live in Alberta Canada. my city always has good parties

20. i smile at silver volvos says:

GO CANADA!!!!! finally something going on here about twilight! like kyra said we are not noticed as much. i hope theres one in toronto :)

21. yay!!! Canada!!! I live near Toronto and there’s always something going on downtown so I’ll definitely be there. lol I voted for Vampire Wedding theme but a Masquerade would be awesome! :)

22. TeamRobert! says:

Kyra, I have cousins in Kamloops!

I voted for masquerade. We’ve got a Chapters here in Peterborough, Ontario, but I’m not sure if they’ll do a release party. Maybe I’ll have to give them some encouragement ;)

I’m just glad there’ll be SOMETHING Twilight related in Canada, it seems like I never hear about it here!

Yay for Canadian release parties!

23. Yay!! cant wait!!! i am sooo going to the one closest to me!

24. They better have one in Kingston.
    (Although I’m assuming they will, since they threw such a large Deathly Hallows party. Let me just say..the night ended up with police being called because people were illegally parking, so that they didn’t have to walk 10 minutes to get to Chapters.)
    I’m definitely glad that they’ve decided to do this for us Canadians. I would’ve been upset if I had to wait for Chapters to open at 9 in the morning on August 2nd to get Breaking Dawn.

Oh, and I’m TOTALLY rooting for a Vampire wedding theme. (I think it would be hilarious if they had some werewolf gate crashing action!)

25. Yeah I hope they have one in Winnipeg! For those of you who live in North Dakota or Minneapolis it isnt too far of a drive! It’s 3.5 hours from Grand Forks, 4.5 hours from Fargo, and about 7.5 from mall of america area bloomington i think!! Just a heads up!!! I’m driving down to MOA for her Host book signing tour May 6th should be fun!!!

26. Yaaay TeamRobert tell them to bug the chapters here if they like Twilight and everything related!

27. I think Masquerade would be alot of fun

28. Caysuna says:

YAHOO!!! I hope they have it somewhere on Vancouver Island, (aka Victoria XD )

A masquerade would be interesting… XD

29. Alexandra says:

Sweet! I live in Vancouver.

30. Sweetness!

I was afraid that we Canadians weren’t going to get a release party! Glad they finally decided that we were going to get one!

31. I hope they have one in Ottawa!
    Even though I probably won’t even be there… This is so sad. When Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows was released, I was in some obscure village in England.
    I always manage to miss midnight parties. =[

32. Chelsea says:

I voted Masquerade. I think fans could have a lot fo fun with it.

I bet the people at chaptes are going to be shocked. Yesterday the poll only had 200 votes.

33. Kimberly says:

Gooo Canada :D Yeah, I voted Masquerade as well! I can’t wait to attend one of the parties (:

34. Eeee I’m over the moon that there’s going to be a Canadian midnight release party! I’ve never been to one before so I’m sooo going to this one for Breaking Dawn. And, it’s in August just like my birthday =D

I can’t decide on which to vote for…hmmm a Masquerade does sound like a lot of fun though.

35. keltiewantsjacobblack says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! CANADA ROX!!! I LUV EVERYONE AT INDIGO FOR DOING THIS FOR US I LUV U!!! THIS WILL BE MY FIRST RELEASE PARTY EVER AND IM LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT!! YEEESSS!!! and btw thanx for letting us know lexicon :)

36. YES!
    I hope they do one in Chapters Ancaster, but it’ll probbably be in Toronto….no biggie though…only like..an hour drive :D:D

Yay for Masquerades!!

37. iloveedwardcullen says:

OMG FINALLY! I hope they do something in Vancouver, BC. They never do anything here. No booking signing no nothing.

38. Bee, I’m with you.

If Ottawa doesn’t have one, I’m going to cry…

39. This may be a stupid question but what is a midnight release party?

40. CullenWannabee says:

o its not, a midnight release party is like it sounds, people go at midnight to like a bookstore or something and wait for it to be midnight (which we all know is the start of a new day) and so they wait for the day to come by having a party until midnight…i think thats right>

41. kimberley says:

Ouu, this is so exciting! I hope it works out!

*crosses fingers for Montreal*

42. yay! im so going to that! hope there’s one near me!

43. Yay for Canada!! I live in Winnipeg and we have TWO Chapters stores so I’m sure one of them will have a release party. If not, ALL WINNIPEG PEOPLE: you can head out to the GRANT McNALLY ROBINSON because they’re having a midnight release party too. :D

I already pre-ordered my copy of BD from Chapters though…so I’d rather go there.

I’m going to go down to Chapters tomorrow afternoon and see if they have any concrete details for me. If I find out anything I’ll post about it.

44. Lizzie_T. says:

yey! but i don’t know if my city(richmond,b.c.) will have one..we’re pretty small..

45. omg thank goodness. wait. so is there forsure going to be one in Toronto ? cause i really want to go with my friends. we are going to DEFINETLY be dressing up !

46. there better be one in southern ontario or i’ll kill

47. Mrs. Edward Cullen says:

I really really Hope they have a midnight release somewhere on Vancouver Island (AKA Victoria or Nanaimo), I would sooo be the first person in line.

48. There will be a midnight release of Breaking Dawn in St. John’s, Newfoundland at the Coles AVALON MALL store :)

49. Hi!

Chapters North London is having a Midnight Masquerade party where we will be counting down the minutes until mindnight with costumes, trivia, food and more!

Come join us!

50. Anonymous says:

ya… it’s a midnight masquerade
    i was just at chapters and the lady there told me:)
    ahhhh! im soo happy;
    it’s sad though, that the movie is only coming out in december!:(( i saw the trailer