When is 25 not 25?

When we read Mike Welch’s blog today and he spoke about receiving the socks spurred on by this post, of course we wanted to know how many socks he got.  So we contacted his management who told us 25 or 30 pairs of socks. Which we thought was pretty cool, but somehow we thought more fans than that had responded.

Well the next thing you know we get a phone call from Mike’s mom…yes, his mom( *waves to Mike’s mom!*). It seems that they had the number only partially right. They have received 25 BOXES of socks such as:

• baby booties (Mike’s mom is saving those for when Mike has kids of his own.)
  • tube socks
  • dress socks
  • Twilight themed socks
  • hand-knit socks
  • socks with individual toe holders.

Mike hasn’t seen them yet since he’s been filming, he’s only been told about them and the notes attached to them.

Here’s the info from the original post:

Michael Welch
4924 Balboa Boulevard
PMB #540
Encino, CA 91316

Comments

1. Melanie Cullen says:

Hah. That proves how dedicated us twilight fans are. xD
    I think I might send some socks too.
    It’s late, but I wonder how many he’ll end up with all together? O.o

2. christina says:

WOW THANK YOU TEAMROBERT!
    I LITERALLY SHRIEKED THAT WAS SO AMAZING

hahahaha at “crazy, beautiful people”
    I LOVE mike welch! hes SO AWESOME :D
    i can NOT WAIT to see him in the movie!!

I wanted to send him socks SO bad but never got too!
    but still i don’t think he needs anymore he probably already
    has a lifetime worth of socks now thanks to us amazing twilight fans XD

3. sorry i got over anxious to post the link i didnt explain.

the bella cullen project on myspace has this picture in a bulletin. ummm… still freaking out wow.

its bella and edward … or rob and kristen (maybe her double?) flying through the forest.

yeah. flying.

4. yeah it’s their doubles

5. Fire and Ice says:

This is great! Mile deserves the love.

6. Fire and Ice says:

*Mike..hehe, sorry.

7. dazzled says:

wow people, wow.

8. Hahahaha. That is so GREAT. In response to 25 BOXES of socks, I started thinking. (A dangerous pass time, I know). If we could get all those socks to Mike, what if the Lexicon sponsored some sort of sock (or anything really) drive and sent it to some needy organization. It’s win-win; the needy get stuff, the Twilight fandom is seen as being very positive (a band of rabid fangirls is a powerful force indeed), and we get to feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s an idea, right? Just a thought, ignore me if I sound too do-gooder-y, I’ve been in school fundraisng stuff all day. I’m feeling all "Give to others, man".

Very much on our minds too, Dusk. We have a thought that I think will be somethign good, we just haven’t worked it all out yet.

9. ChristinaMarie says:

Hahaha! That is so hilarious! I’m glad that his mom was nice enough to call and talk to you! I love Mike and I hope that he gets more socks haha :D

10. I just got home and found my signed picture form Mike as well! I am totally Freaking out! YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!! I am so excited!!!

11. Dusk:

Thats what I did! I gave some socks to my local homeless shelter and then sent Mike a note!

Mike should donate some of the socks to the needy!

12. lil_voice1 says:

rofl! i was laughing soo hard when i read that!!! at least hes never gonna run out of socks now!!!! :D

13. twiholic says:

That article rocks! the stunt doubles look so much like them from afar! I thought it was them at first!

14. twilight_obsessed says:

poor guy! his MOM! (*waves to Mike’s mom*) lol, i never knew us Twi-hards were THAT dedicated. 25 BOXES!! at least he’ll never run out.
    I loved that pic! It was sooo awesome! i really really REALLY want this movie to come out NOW!!! :)

15. ivy_marsden says:

LOL!
    This is seriously awesome!
    I’m still trying to convince my mom to let me send socks. She still doesn’t understand my whole ‘need to send socks to celebrities.’

16. 25 is not 25 when it’s 24

17. Moonpetal Lily says:

*bursts out laughing* Boxes. I see. 25 /boxes/. I feel sorry for their mailman/

Agreed, Dusk. What about we donate something to, say an asylum and call it the Alice fund? XD Wildlife preserves and apologize for the off-season hunting? Okay, that’s goofy, but I think we can do something with it and get a bigger following if we link it to the books.

18. iloveedwardcullen says:

lol. I think he won’t ever have to buy socks ever again.

19. my_edward;) says:

the alice fund. lol!

20. Edwards Singer says:

we should do something like this for all the actors

21. lol
    bless him
    :L :D
    *giggles*

22. plain old cotton socks are still the best for babies.`”‘

23. plain old cotton socks are still the best for babies.`”:

24. cotton baby socks and wool baby socks are the best in my experience’*:

25. cotton baby socks are the best, i don’t like to put nylon socks over my baby feet~:~