K from Kalama is lucky enough to be an extra in the scenes being shot this week. Here’s what it’s like being an extra from her own viewpoint. You can definitely tell that it’s not all bright lights and glory, but boy there are some unique moments too.
Okay, here is the day’s, interesting, happenings…(yessum, I took notes! ^^)
- Arrived on set @ 5am
- About 8:30 the 30+ extras were told their directions
- While waiting for our directions, some of my new friends and I were Robert watching… saw him, YAY!
- We extras did our seven+ takes of a hallway scene… I didn’t get chosen to be in the classroom w/ rob
- Saw Mike… SO ADORABLE IN PERSON!
- More hallway takes
- Went into an auditorium to wait for more directions…
- Then we did more takes…
- Went back into aud.
- More takes…
- Then the aud. Again! GUH!
- About 15 of us extras were sent to a room to do sound work with Mr. Banner the Bio teacher… that never happened… we were in there for almost on hour w/ absolutely nothing to do but wait…
- Then they remembered us in the room and sent us back to aud. And on the way there we saw Rob getting up w/ his hand down the front-neck part of his shirt, I can only assume that he was removing microphones of sorts.
- Then we all went to lunch and I was right in across from Robert at the buffet line, and someone near me said something funny, and I laughed… he looked up at me funny-like, his contacts in, and then my new friends and I watched him for a couple more seconds and went to eat lunch. ^^
- Kristen, Katie(Kristen’s double), and Rob had a very good lunch together… they were laughing and what-not.
- After we got to our table… we saw Mike, and he was talking to someone and not watching where he was going… so he ran into a wall… we started laughing, naturally, and he looked at us w/ the most adorable smile and said in a very “stern” (LOL!) voice, “Hey! You didn’t see anything! ANYTHING!” while shaking his finger at us… it was sooooo cute!
- After lunch the same people from before were sent into the room where we were to meet w/ the bio teacher, we were there for two hours then he came in, but no sound department, so he just chilled with us for about 20 minutes… and “Tyler” joined us…
- (some extras brought skateboards) So there were like three guys skateboarding in the auditorium, and ‘ Tyler ’ was doing it too, well he didn’t turn in time and he ran into this weird fabric-pole-lighting fixture, it was SO hilarious!
That is the interesting and not so interesting day… the extras(except for those who were in the bio classroom) were only used for about 1.5 hours out of 11.5 hours today! But, I wouldn’t give up this chance for anything!
More details can be found here.