Edi Gathegi Interview Part Two

As promised, here is part two of the Edi interview. Again the Twilight Lexicon would like to express our sincere gratitude to Edi for taking the time out of his busy schedule to give us such a detailed interview.  Thanks, also to Cocoa, who was our reporter.

Here are some snippets:

"We see each other practically everyday. Rachelle and I had brunch yesterday morning then gorged ourselves on doughnuts. Is that wrong? Dessert after BREAKFAST?! "

"It’s wild to think that all these fans and this amazing story turning into a hugely anticipated movie, began with a DREAM just a few years ago. Quite inspirational. "

"Laurent is a vampire through and through. He is a natural predator. A killing machine. "

To read the full interview part A  click here. You will need Adobe Acrobat to read all files.

Comments

1. I cant wait, he’s going to be great.
    YAY FOR EDI!!!!

2. saranicole says:

BLACK OLIVES!!! *Bahahahahahahah!* That was hilarious! He is SO FUNNY!!! I wonder if the poor guy will ever get to play a funny character or if he’ll have to play guys who are so unlike himself for the rest of his life! Geesh! But yeah–black olives are the ONLY olives as far as I’m concerned! ;)

Fabulous. He’s fabulous.

3. saranicole says:

PS – I know everyone is really really excited about this interview, but there’s ALSO more news over on Stephenie’s site! Tour info details come out tomorrow! WOO!

4. That was a great interveiw! I laughed at the black olive part, that was awesome.

But I’m not so sure about the adding scenes to the movie, I really love Twilight the book, and I understand subtle plot changes that make the movie easier. But adding scenes, I’m not so sure about. I was always extremely dissapointed with the Harry Potter movies, so I don’t have high expectations for the Twilight movie, but I’m ready to be proved wrong!

5. wow,i really like him. he will do really good!
    oh i just realized that this is the week we find out the dates for the HOST TOUR!!!!!!

6. Stephanie J. says:

So Cute. “Black Olives” :D. I had my doubts but now I’m completely convinced that he’ll be a great Laurent! Now I wish what will happen won’t happen anymore; I really like this Laurent :(

7. People they are going to add some parts to explain why are Laurent, Victoria and James evil, can you imagine someone who has never read the book, all of the sudden they appear when the Cullens are playing baseball, they would be like WTH? I challenge you again to do it yourself, seen you don’t seem to have faith in the filmmakers who I see are trying to make a masterpiece, all I hear is but he is black? but he isn’t native american, but this but that. Its annoying.

8. QUEENCROWN says:

this cast is so awesome. I love everyone.

And they’re adding SCENES! OMG the suspense! What could it be? Maybe it has something to do with Rachele’s “I love when men chase me” comment…….

……..

This is going to be the best!!!!

9. QUEENCROWN says:

oooo maybe emmett or edward is chasing victoria and thats when she says that line..

Emmett.

That would be hot.

10. Great interview…about the added scenes. I’m thinking they may also include the connection between Victoria and James and why she’s so furious when James is no more…:)

11. NenaCullen says:

He is awesome! what a great sense of humor :)
    Edi, I loved the black olive quote hahahaha.
    Break a leg!

12. This interview TOTALLY changed my opinion of Edi as Laurent! I am now convinced that he will be AWESOME! I can’t wait for the movie!!

13. He seems like a really cool dude.

14. wow! i love him, he’s so funny. I’m excited to see him as Laurent!

15. He seems like a really cool person to talk to!
    He gives very detailed descriptions on everything!
    I think they did a great job choosing him.

16. I love him so much that it makes we wish Laurent had a bigger part!!

Thanks for the interview! Cocoa, you ask great, thought provoking and fun questions!

17. Girlofthenight says:

This interview is perfect, I want to see if there are any doubters now! Black Olives…Love that! Hes so witty and so awesome!

18. Happy B day Laurent!

19. He seems so cool!! Great interview!!

20. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you pronounce his name? Is it “ee-dee” or “eddie”?

21. he is going to be great. cannot wait to see him on the big screen. i love these interviews!

22. maybe the added scenes are parts of the story that are there, just not in detail in the book since it’s from bella’s point of view. like maybe something with edward interacting with his family..?

or when bella runs away from alice and jasper at the airport… and everyone has to go running after her. it would bring a wholeness to the movie…. if they do it correctly.

23. and thats a BIG “if”.

24. Wow I’m so happy to know that the actors of twilight are so excited for their roles! :)

To see that enthusiasm allows me to believe that they have the ability to turn this story into a AWESOME movie! yay for the cast!

25. MareBear says:

i can’t read this part of the interview…the first part works though. Anyone else having problems, or just me? :(

26. Moonpetal Lily says:

Yes! I’m no the only one who says “uber” ^_^ He seems like a great guy, with interest in making the movie awesome. And though my stomach squirms at added scenes, I hope it adds to the story instead of kills it O.o

27. Black olives! haha, that was great, and I definitely agree. No one should be saying anything about him not being a good Laurent now… he’s awesome!

28. edwardssinger says:

he’s gonna be sooo good!

:D
    haha……….. uber……….

29. Though the added scenes thing really stinks… i hope they’re good

30. He’s a freakin awesome dude!!!

31. Dancergirl says:

He’s going to be the perfect Laurent. Wish December could come sooner.

32. saranicole says:

MareBear–You have to click the link on “part two”, not the one at the bottom. I was doing the same thing at first! I was like, “Is no one else having the same problem as me?” The bottom link says, “To read the full interview PART A”, not the full interview, like I thought. That’s what I get for skimming…

33. Black olives! I love that bit! Considering I’m black, I lol-ed. I also loved the being single and his horoscope. Man, I wish I can meet them all so bad! If there was a sweepstakes to go on the set and spend a day for free I’d never give up entering my name.
    Then if I won I’d grab my camera and all 3 books and give little inspiring letters to each and every one.
    Okay, enough of my reverie… Edi is one great guy and possibly a fantastic Laurent!

34. Elizabeth Bennett says:

This is so much fun reading the interviews from the cast. Edi sounds like such a great guy, and I love how he has really put a lot of thought into how he will play Laurant. It sounds like he’ll be in the movie more than his character was in the book. I’m very excited about the new scenes they are going to add. My oppinion is that a movie is much more exciting when it departs a little from or embellishes on what is in the book, otherwise it will end up a little predictable and boring. Just my two cents.

35. kelsieeee says:

“You are without a doubt, the perfect Laurent.” He sure is! He’s amazing. And those extra scenes? I’m sensing scenes between just Laurent, James and Victoria.

36. Elizabeth Bennett says:

Yeah, I wonder if one of the extra scenes will be between Laurant and Victoria plotting revenge after James is destroyed. A lead up into the next (possibly) movie!

37. And that would explain why Charlie was so worried everything fits now if you say they were adding characters? now that right there would had been a no no. People who are not familiar with Twilight need to know these people outside of Bella’s head.

38. CoolsocksSam says:

elizabeth– sounds good 2 me! that would be a cool ending, as long as they made the second movie

39. lala-swan says:

What a cool guy! he sounds like he’s trying very hard to get all the Laurent things right, he really sounds compromised with the role…..And as a person he seems to be great! Go Edi!

40. christina says:

black olives, lol. he’s sounds so awesome! i can’t wait to see him as laurent yayy he made me laugh/smile in both parts of the interview!

twilight lexicon you all are amazing!
    me and my mom love your site and check it every single day :D oxoxox

41. 1luvedward says:

I love this guy, he’s sssooo hilarious and seems to be really into the movie

42. saranicole says:

I was thinking about what possible “extra” scenes there might be, and I know it says on Summit’s website that Laurent/James/Victoria are mortal enemies of the Cullens (or whatever). So maybe one scene will set that up–some history regarding that… what happened to make them enemies. :)

43. MareBear says:

Ok, so I am clicking on Part two, but when it opens it says the file is damaged and cannot be repaired. Weird?

44. HAHA! lol Edi, you are hilarious! lol I was cracking up the whole time I was reading it! I think he’s going to make a fabulous Laurent! He seems like he’s working really hard on the role, and that’s what I like. And he just seems so sweet :)

“Black Olives, anyone?!?!” heehee

45. People, people how come some of you are suprised that James hates the Cullens, don’t some of you know, Alice was going to be his victim? Remenber he told Bella that in the Dance Studio? when Bella woke up after they had taken care of James. she says” Alice, he knew who you were?”

46. Hellish Red Devil says:

I love this guy. He’ll be a terrific Laurent. :D

47. Midnight_Sunshine says:

I can’t wait for the movie! We are so lucky that there is such a good cast with a great sense of humor! Black olive, lol!
    Yay more interviews!

48. Can’t wait for the movie! Don’t worry about any extra scenes. They have to rearrange things to make the movie a reasonable length. After reading all the interviews and seeing the cast (finally) I doubt we will be disappointed with the end result. I know I will buy the DVD when it eventually comes out, complete with black olives. We’ve sent socks – can we send cans of olives??????

49. Elizabeth Bennett says:

Maybe we should send donuts too.

50. Heh Heh……black olives…..donught’s……Eddie Murfey and Chris Rock……Classic.
    Do we have a awsome cast of what! They all have such good humor even the bad guys…….now i am sad that they all die in the three books, wonder how that turns out in the movie :(
    But all same I AM SO READY FOR THE MOVIE!!!