Update at Stephenie’s Blog

Stephenie updated her blog today with information on how to get your own original work published.  She also answered several repeat questions that she – and I might add the Lexicon – get asked many times over.  Many thanks to Clover for the heads up!

But the best news of all is that she will be posting a chapter of The Host on her site on Valentine’s Day.  She doesn’t say that it’s the first chapter or what, just that a chapter will be posted.  At that time the Lexicon will open a forum on the Host for any and all discussion we might have about Stephenie’s new book.  We will not be doing a chapter by chapter run down or character bio area for The Host like we have for the Twilight series though.  The Twilight Lexicon will continue to support any and all of Stephenie’s future works, but not in the detail we have done for the vampires.

Alphie

Comments

1. :)

Because we just love our vampires!

(GO STEPHENIE!)

2. Regarding Host chapter:

*cue the victory dance*

3. That basically just made my day. :]
    Can’t wait to read a chapter of The Host!

*Joins in on the victory dance*

4. WooHoo.
    I am all excited now.
    I think I am off to her myspace page.
    Yay for The Host, but still here for the vampires.

5. A chapter of the Host on Valentine’s day!
    I am looking forward to it!!! :)

6. Hooray! Really looking forward to valentine’s day!

7. srhumpherys says:

Thanks Steph! You are just too good to your fans!

Very excited for Vday!

8. awesome! cant wait. what is the host about anyway?? is it about a bunch of vampires too? excited for Vday!

9. naw the host is an alien book
    not rlly my kind of bk but since its my stephenie meyer
    it should be good so yay! :)

10. srry i meant *by stephenenie meyer

11. Fleur the Daisy says:

wooooooooo!

12. I can’t wait for Breaking Dawn but she’s not giving us anymore info. Its driving me crazy!

13. i agree. i dont understand why she doesnt give us the first chapter of breaing dawn like she did with the others…its really making me losing it!!

14. The only reason we get to see a chapter from The Host is because it is completed and her publishers gave her the ok. Breaking Dawn is under contract and is not complete. Patience…….

15. lol but i cant wait! the suspence is killing me. u gotta admit it is to you too.

16. I’m trying to be patient but it gets hard sometimes. I just crave info! But then again, I don’t want the book ’cause I don’t want it all to end! Argh!

17. The one bit of comfort I have found lately is that Stephenie hasn’t decided if Breaking Dawn will end the series or not. I thought it was supposed to be it, but maybe not….

18. Fire and Ice says:

Yes! I can’t wait to read a chapter from The Host. Although there aren’t any vampires mentioned, I support Stephenie all the way! Like many, I can’t wait to read Breaking Dawn but people, have patience. Give Stephenie a break. :D

19. Yeah on the Host…but I am all about my vampires! I just love them!!! Thanks for the info~!

20. I read this morning in Eclipse-La.

My blog: http://thehost-meyer.blogspot.com/

21. yea i dont want it to end either. Stephennie said there might be a chance that she’ll keep going, so im not trying to lose hope. =] aliens…idk but ill give it a try to read it. i never did rally like aliens, or vampires either, but after reading twilight that all changed. we’ll see.

22. dosnt saga mean like 12 books? i dont no but it always says stephenies meyers “saga” is great so i think there are loads of books to come :) yippe!

23. Saga just means a long story, or a continuation, it doesn’t signify a number.

24. I’m glad we have the Host to keep us busy while waiting for Breaking Dawn. Not that I don’t expect the Host to be great, Stephenie Meyer wrote it after all. Who knows, maybe we’ll like it better than Twilight!

Okay, highly unlikely, but still, yeah for the Host!
    It’ll be hard after Breaking Dawn if SM doesn’t write more, but I think she’ll do a really good job of finishing it off if she does stop at 4. Really tie things up and leave us happy.
    At least that’s what I hope. Ugh. Imagine if she left us hanging.

25. That’s good that there’s a chapter to read, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read ‘The Host’, I don’t know if I liked the summary of it.

26. Mrs_Topaz_Eyes says:

WHAT? This rocks.
    THE HOST, ALREADY?
    Ohhh yeeeaaahhh.

27. Elspethinnle says:

Thanks so much for the info! (i truly appreciate all the lex does…. you guys are the first website i check everyday)

28. amanda710 says:

OMG!! the host already!? you go SM!!!!

29. Maddie Cullen says:

Coolness! I can’t wait to read the chapter! And thanks for taking the time to answer people’s questions! :)

30. I’m definatly behind our favorite vampires 100% , but I still can’t wait to see how The Host turns out!!!

*joins in with Alcyone and Krista on the victory dance*

31. yay! im excited for the host!!! but ill always love twilight more

32. twilightruedward says:

I’m glad that she’s putting up at least a chapter
    because I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to read it…but maybe after this chapter I’ll be convinced?
    hopefully I am though…need something to read while waiting for twilight movie and breaking dawn
    wait so I forget, is sm going to write/publish midnight sun?

33. Fire and Ice says:

^ Yes, she is in the process of writing Midnight Sun and she WILL publish it.

34. Hellish Red Devil says:

I’m all smiles. :D

35. I think after Breaking Dawn she’s gonna work on finishing up Midnight Sun. And then maybe a few years later she’ll write a 5th or 6th book. But for sure Midnight Sun is after Breaking Dawn. (Which is fine by me.) ^___^

Also, I’m so happy about The Host. Like others have said, not really into that genre but it’s by Stephenie Meyer so it should be pretty good. :)

36. That advice was so nice. Best advice about writing ever. “Do it for yourself”. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about the things I write.

Can’t wait until the 14th either! ^ ^ Today was a good day.

37. i hope stephenie continues the series or ends it. i just hope she won’t leave us hanging for more than two years!

38. vampiarluv says:

ok, im a little confused is breaking dawn from bellas point of view or what?

39. i hope its not jacob’s. like how the last chapter-thing in eclipse was in his point of view. it would be wierd and totally change the story. plus he would bag on Edward too much (which is just not right). sorry jacob lovers. i will admit i am a huge Edward fan.

40. Fire and Ice says:

I’m pretty sure Breaking Dawn is from Bella’s POV. I think Stephenie stated that. :D

41. yea it is, and i bet the host is gona be just as good as twilight who knows maybe even better!

42. oh and i cant wait 4 vday im so gona be on this websiste when its put in!!! : -)

43. yay!! That’s the best V-day present EVER.
    I can’t wait!

44. Bella_twilight says:

YAY!! The Host, can’t wait! and about Breaking Dawn, its not going to be in Jacobs, thank goodness! Sorry to all those Jacob lovers (my friend Sarah included), but I’m a huge Edward lover at heart!! haha so as you could imagine, I cannot wait until Midnight sun as well!!!

45. lala-swan says:

How cool is it? The Host! Yay! So, we’ll just have to wait a couple of days and see how it is and, I’d like to, get hooked to it, too…It deserves it’s chance!

46. I heard that Breaking Dawn was in two POVs. I thought it was Bella and someone else and i was guessing Jacob? I’m not sure…. And i thought it would be more of a transitional story with the changing POVs (not in the storyline) because Stephenie said that in (what could be) books five and six Bella wouldn’t tell the story anymore.

But HEY! I have absolutely no idea, so don’t take my word for it. I do have a question though. Any idea when the Cullen household will be posted on here? I REALLY would like to see it.

And of course Kuddos to Stephenie for not only being a devoted writer to her fans and finishing up Breaking Dawn EARLY but to also have another book chapter up by V-day to keep us busy.

47. Is it illegal to have the script sides to Twilight? You know, the parts of the script just used for the auditions?

48. What a huge year this will be for Stephenie Meyer! Two books out plus the film-related publicity I hope she gets enough rest!

49. Whooooooot Woooooooot
    This is to Awsome and i agree with Dawn here it’s to much for Stepenie (sp? sorry) and basicly it is to much for us since we have to wait for th suspence……..
    WHOOT WHOOT :) :) :)

50. Dancer girl says:

I can’t wait till Valentine’s day. Even though i still don’t know if i’m going to read The Host, i don’t really like Sfi.
    I wonder when Stephenie is going to put the first Chapter of Breaking Dawn on her web site, i hope soon. :)