1) Breaking Dawn is in the editing phase. It it tentatively set for release Fall 2008. It could be later if we hit a snag in editing. Usually editing takes longer than a few months, but both I and my editors will be putting in lots of overtime to make this happen.
2) Midnight Sun is only half-written. It will not be coming out until a while after it’s finished. Don’t expect it anytime soon. I will let you know when the rough draft is finished, and then you can start asking when it is due out. I don’t foresee much chance to work on it until Breaking Dawn is completely finished.
3) Forever Dawn (the early, poorly written sequel to Twilight) is not the "steamy" version of Breaking Dawn; I don’t know how that rumor got started. Forever Dawn is not adult as in "XXX." It is adult as in "not written exclusively for a young adult audience, much like Pride and Prejudice or Gone With the Wind." There is no steam in Forever Dawn that is not also in Breaking Dawn, so please stop begging me for the "ooh la la" version. It does not exist. I may put some small excerpts of Forever Dawn on my website after Breaking Dawn comes out, but then again, maybe not. It’s not that great. All the best stuff is in Breaking Dawn.
New topic: the Twilight movie
I do not have any casting updates. I haven’t heard anything since the Robert Pattinson announcement. I’m waiting on the same pins and needles you all are. When I get home from vacation, I’ll see if I can get some news.
That is all. Have a nice night everybody!
EDITED TO PUT IN SOME LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS:
4) In regards to the question, "Is Breaking Dawn the last book in the Twilight Saga?" The answer is, "I don’t know." It’s the last one for a while, at least. Of course there will be Midnight Sun, but that’s covering old material. I’m not sure if I will go forward with the Twilight characters–I’m a little burned out right now. Ask me again in two years.
5) "When are you going to put the first chapter of Breaking Dawn on your website?" I have no idea when or if I will get permission to post that. It may be in the special edition of Eclipse that will come out in June or July. It may never appear until BD is on the shelves.
Oh, I thought of another one!
6) "What does the cover of BD look like?" I don’t know (are you sensing a theme here?). We have not decided on a cover yet–in fact, we are in a very early stage of the process. If we get a cover developed in time, it will probably be released with the Eclipse special edition the way the Eclipse cover was put out with the New Moon special edition. I’ve had a few people ask if images they’ve seen are the BD cover, and I can tell you absolutely that they are NOT.