Forks Washington Proclaims Stephenie Meyer Day

Forks Washington has proclaimed September 13th (Bella’s birthday) as Stephenie Meyer Day. Stephenie will not be there that day as she is in Virginia doing a previously arranged signing. On the other hand, there are a number of  interesting activities in Forks planned that day in case you are local to that area.

Also of note is the Forks Chamber of Commerce site has posted a Twilight inspired virtual tour. It take s a bit to load, but it’s interesting when it does.

Comments

1. Hellish Red Devil says:

WOW. That is insanely, too-awesome-for-words cool! :D

2. that is sooooooooooo awesome!

3. Immortal Love says:

haha, i just read this on her site. thats amazing. she has her own day!

4. hahaha that’s so cool!! yay for stephenie meyer day!

5. That is so awesome!!! Definitely going on my calendar. I will celebrate it religiously.

6. that is pretty dang cool!

wow, everything is exactly how i pictured it (it’s almost weird to see that most of the places are real, because then you get the question in your head ‘so where are the warewolves and vampires??’)

7. That is a cool virtual tour!! :D

8. Having a day named after you would be way beyond weird

9. especially while you’re still alive

10. i agree with ashley about the question in my head. I wish that i could have a twilight party but, that is on a school night. Boo Hoo.

11. Wow. That’s is so awesome…..

‘Stephenie Meyer Day’…..it’s about time!! LOL :lol:

And checked out the virtual, *thumbs up*….

Go Stephenie! Your the best!! :D

12. Cullen_boys_are_fine says:

Very cool! Congrats, Stephenie! I love the virtual tour. It was awesome to be able to put a picture to the places!

13. I made an facebook event for this under “Stephenie Meyer Day” so check it out!!

14. vampires_4_ever_1104 says:

That’s too awesome! Congrats Stephenie! I wish I lived closer to Forks! :D

15. vampires_4_ever_1104 says:

Oh yes, and about the virtual tour: has anyone else noticed that right next to Quillayute Road is Mad Dog Road? :D

16. Edwards Angel says:

OMG! I just saw the tour and i was like sqeiking and Oh My Goshing! that is sooooo to cool! I’m gona visit frorks or die trying!

17. undecidedBella says:

OMG! That is awesome! I will be celebrating Stephenie Meyer Day! I also thought that the virtual tour was really cool!

18. haha, she’s gonna be like across the street (borders) from me that day!

19. edwardluvr says:

that is so coool!!!! at least my name is in the book :) cause my name is Emily !!!

20. edwardadorer says:

that so cool!!!!!!!!!!!i wanna go !!!!!!!

21. that’s so amazingly cool!!
    (after seeing the virtual tour of forks, i really wanna go, now!!!!!!!!!!) :)

22. Hello, everyone!

My name is James Vaughan and I am the designer of the Twilight Points of Interest flash page. Thank you all for your comments about the page! Stephanie Meyer Day was awesome out here in Forks- we had our local candy shop giving out free false vampire teeth, our local branch of Subway created the Twilight Special (a combination of Ham, Chicken, Bacon and the meatball marinara sauce), shirts for sale from our local pharmacy that were locally designed and much more!

I wish to extend our apologies for having celebrated Stephanie Meyer Day on a school day, but after all, this was the first year! I’m here to request all of you to e-mail the Chamber of Commerce and tell them that we should hold Stephanie Meyer Day on the weekend before or after the day if it’s not on a Saturday or Sunday. I’ve extended the idea to my employers but considering next year’s celebration is a year away, I need help to keep the Chamber reminded of the idea!

If you would like to help me out on this drop us an e-mail us at info@forkswa.com! This way more people will be able to visit on Stephanie Meyer Day and not miss out!

A good Twilight to all,

-James

23. Also, I’d just like to drop you a reminder that you can visit our website at http://www.forkswa.com !

Thanks again!

24. wow…stephenie meyer has her own day…wow…i wish i had my own day, but like that’s ever gonna happen…well, anyway…way to go, stephenie!!!

25. Jasper_Edward_Emmett=hott!! says:

Oh wow, Stephenie has her own day!!! That’s freakin awesome!!! She deserves it, though. I wish I lived in Washington State…. *sigh*

But oh, well. At least I got to read the books and see the virtual tour!!

Oh, and Emily (funny, I have a friend named Emily who is sitting beside me reading this lol :]) I’m going to look up that event on facebook.

26. NO WAY!!! That’s awesome! She totally deserves it!