Major technical problem

UPDATE:   WE ARE LOCKING THE DATABASE AS A SECURITY MEASURE LATER TONIGHT. WE WILL BE DOING A FULL UPGRADE AND SECURITY CHECK. IT’S TOO EARLY TO TELL IF WE CAN GET ACCOUNTS BACK. WE ARE TRYING.

UPDATE 2:

Direct quote from Darksied:

"You might make a post/note that I am working on it, and that the forums may be quirky for the next couple hours.  It should however, be safe to post."

On a personal note, Darksied is doing a MAJOR amount of work here to rescue things. We owe him BIGTIME

Hey all. We are experiencing a problem right now. It seems that accounts are being spontaneously deleted on the forums. There seems to be no pattern to this. Members who joined us the very first day we were opened as well as newcomers have been affected. It is also affecting people from around the globe, so it is not an IP issue. for an update see this thread. We are baffled.

There are only four people who have access to delete accounts and none of us are doing it. We have posted to tech help, and we are hoping they have an answer, a patch, anything. Please bear with us. Believe me we are as concerned as you all are, and possibly more frustrated.

Pel~

Comments

1. Are you able to undelete accounts?

At the moment, no, but I am hoping that tech support may give me an idea. However, since it’s 7:00 on a Saturday I don;t know if I’ll have an answer before Monday.

2. Twilightfanatic says:

Yes, I have been affected as well. Currently, I have another account that I’m using to help with this problem.

If anyone else help, please go to the thread Pel put up. The indicator of people who have been affected is the “Guest” under their name. They also don’t have an Avie or Banner, so that’s also a big clue.

Any help is appreciated.

Twilightfanatic

3. [b]UPDATE: WE ARE LOCKING THE DATABASE AS A SECURITY MEASURE[/b]

Does that mean the entire site is on lock down, or that we can’t post?

Yes, TwilightFanatic has it right; we need all the help we can get, that way the mods and the admins can focus on how to fix it. We’ve been called the unstoppable fandom; lets band together and fix it!

4. Twilightfanatic says:

What do you mean by “We are locking the Database”? Like, the only place you can post is here or the thread? I just want this to be cleared up for others as well as myself.

Twilightfanatic

5. You can still post, but he did a copy of where things stood so no more should go down. Darksied and I are working like crazy

6. I can only imagine. Thanks bunches.

7. Twilightfanatic says:

People, this is NOT Pel’s fault. Or anyone else’s fault. It’s just a glitch and there are many people trying to help. Please, no name calling. If you are mad (enraged) or any other emotion by this, HELP! That’s the only thing we can do. Look in threads and show which threads you’re searching in the “I can’t Log In” thread and that will help. Find people who have “Guest” under their names and put it there.

Twilightfanatic

P. S. Seriously, it’s not Pel’s fault. If anything, you should be grateful for her help. Thank you.

8. Oh Pel, what a crappy way to spend your Saturday… I’m so sorry! I hope this gets fixed, and that it’s not a hacker. A bug is bad enough, but still, a hacker is worse in my opinion. And I just read the thread in The Accident Prone-Forum; I’m so sorry people are being so little understanding. Of course this isn’t your fault!!

9. Thank you, Darksied! You have made an army of fangirls very happy.

10. Twilightfanatic says:

Ok, everyone. Don’t freak out. I think it’s just Darkseid at work. I’m not sure, though, but that has to be the reason.

Thank you everyone who has helped in “The Great Houdini Act of the Lex”. If you didn’t help, this would have been 1000 times worse than it was.

Twilightfanatic

11. The error you are getting is a quirk. It’s temporary. Breathe in and out. Would you rather your account be deleted?

12. “Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted”

That’s from the fixing of the deletion problem, I hope? D:

And thanks so much for all the work you guys have put into fixing this. You are all amazing. (And patooey on whoever is harassing Pel! For shaaame.)

13. Is anyone getting “Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted” when you try to visit the forums?

14. I’m getting it. It’s just Darksied. It should go away shortly.

15. Twilightfanatic says:

Ok, my comment was supposed to be kind. I’m sorry if it seemed otherwise. I’m perfectly fine with whatever work is being done. I know that this has been terrible.

Again, thanks to everyone.

Sincerely,
    Twilightfanatic

16. Oh, okay. Good. : D I was a bit worried at first, and then I remembered what Pel said.

17. Bridget says:

I was just rereading something from I think it was Angela’s Advice Arena, and when I came back after like 5 min, it said this weird thing. However, while I was browsing, I’m almost sure that someone named “Tennyo” that I’ve seen around had “Guest” under her name. Sorry if that’s wrong :(. Anyways, 3 cheers for Pel and Darksied. WE

18. twilightforever says:

I still don’t get it..why does it say “Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted”? Sorry to bug anyone who had to re-explain everything but I don’t understand :(

19. The current error messages are due to the work Darksied is doing.

Incidentally, before anyone asks me the question, I’ll put it rhetorically: “Do you really think I had the time to write a chapter today, or that I was in the mood?”

20. Bridget: Yes, Tennyo was one of the first people deleted by this.

21. Lisa Marie says:

twilightforever , Dont worry we our all getting that.

It should be fine when everything is fixed.

22. They’re back up, people.

23. YAY! Darksied can merge accounts so we get member number, post count, and name back!

24. Darksied9 is awesome…. He should have gotten a prize for what he just did for the Lex, it was simply mind-blowing. All hail Darksied!!

25. petuniagirl15 says:

Thank you so much, Pel and Darksied, for saving the lexicon!

It, (and you, Pel) mean so much to me and everyone else here.

Thanks bunches! :)