New Moon Galley Copies

With all the hype surrounding the release of New Moon, many of the fans here at the lexicon have learned about the existence of galley copies.  I’ve also seen a few questions about how a person actually gets their hands on one of these copies.  Well, there are several ways.  If your are a book buyer or you work for a book company or a library or something along these lines, you may be fortunate to receive a copy for you to examine and determine if you would like to order the book for your store or library.  The other way to get a copy is to know someone from the publishing company, or the author, and be in good enough standing with them that they will want to give you copy as a gift.

When we created the lexicon, we did it out of pure necessity to keep the facts straight.  We did it because we love this book and we wanted to create a place for fans to gather to have easy access to information.  We did it because we wanted to, not because someone asked us to, and we had no intention of getting a “reward” for our efforts.  However, Stephenie Meyer thought other wise, and as a gift for organizing her notes, so to speak, she was kind enough to give both Imogen and I gallies of New Moon.

Yes, you read that correctly, we have read New Moon.

We’ve had the book for about a week now, which gave us plenty of time to read it and think about it and even talk to Stephenie about it.  I’ve actually read the book twice, as there was SO much new information I simply didn’t get it all in the first read through.

I don’t want to spoil the book for any of the fans here, but I will tell you that the book is just amazing.  First of all, it’s HUGE!  That’s always a plus, in my opinion.  Second of all, it’s very similar to Twilight in the way that it has a great deal of character development and exploration and growth at the beginning and through the middle, followed by a knock out, drag them through the mud action/adventure sequence at the end that is bound to send chills down your spine.  It’s got enough of the romance to satisfy those cravings most of us have, while at the same time it will most likely cause you to feel every emotion possible: from love to hate to friendship to loss to confusion to bewilderment to disbelief to terror and all over again.  New Moon is a wild ride that sets up the possibilities and hopes of the third book just beautifully.

Let me assure you, fans will not be disappointed.  I can’t say that this is the book everyone thought it would be.  However, I personally think it’s better than the speculations.  There is SO much we learn about Bella and the other characters surrounding her in life that she really comes alive for me as the heroine of the story.  More than just the girl who falls in love with the vampire, but as a young woman taking some control over her destiny.  Bella learns and grows so much in the book that I found myself becoming even more attached to her.

So whatever your doubts and fears are for the book, don’t jump to conclusions until you have read it.  And on a more personal note, please don’t swamp my e-mails with question about the plot above and beyond what I have posted here.  I simply will not give anything away.  I was thrilled to have the chance to read it early, and I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth by spilling the beans here in the lexicon and ruin the good, friendly relationship I have with Stephenie.

Lastly, I need to comment on the status of my fan fiction The Lion and the Lamb.  Having read New Moon, there are one or two bits of information I have learned that could potentially change the way I would have written a few up coming scenes.  However, I promised Stephenie that I could continue writing my fic without incorporating the “spoilers” so long as my readers understood that point as well.  What this means is that I will continue to write my story so long as everyone understands I am keeping to my original course and NOTHING I write will be a spoiler.  NOTHING.  I will not be including any new information that any fan should consider true to fact.  The Lion and the Lamb has been and will continue to be MY personal take on the events of Twilight separate and apart from anything I have learned while reading New Moon.  If I start getting reviews that make me think otherwise, or if too many people have a problem with that, then I will be forced to abandon the fic.  I don’t want to have to give it up, but I will if there is too great an interest in spoilers.  I hope everyone can understand where I am coming from, both as a fan who doesn’t want to spoil the fun and as an author who wants to finish her plot.

Again, allow me to reiterate that I loved New Moon.  Imogen loved New Moon.  I have no doubt that all the fans who visit the lexicon will love New Moon.  And because of this, I am on the edge of my seat for Eclipse!

Comments

1. OKEY!!!!!!! iM soooo excited!!!!!! well i have a question so there three parts to twilght?? right? and the only way we can get the book,( the second one)is if we work at a library or a bookstore? im confussed!! I love twilight!! its one of the best books i ever read!!!! and the other book that your were talkin about what was that is it one of her books as well?
    -tanya

2. OMG, I’m so excited. I’m going to Book Expo America! I get to meet Stephenie and get her autograph and stuff. If I get there early enough, I even get a New Moon galley! OMG OMG OMG, I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I’ve read new moon its great its really really gooooooooooood

4. Aundree'a says:

I’ve already gotten my hands on one of the copies… I wont spoil it for any of you, becuase I know what it feels like to have something like this spoiled!!! Kudos to S.M for this sequel!

5. Acoustics says:

Thanx a bunch for not spoiling it for us all. You’ve done an awesome job with this website and cheers to all you Twilight fans!

6. sooooooooo jealous,i want to read it sooooooo badly

7. prosper says:

*jaw drops* NO. FLIPPIN. WAY.

8. I can’t wait but it’s worth it. I’m going to reread
    Twilight until I get New Moon!!!!:-)Why can’t
    time move faster!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Im very happy for you guys. With all your hard work you definitely deserve it. Thank you for your insight on the book and thoughtfullness by not giving any spoilers. You’re the best!
    I’m looking for any way to get involved in this amazing site so contact me if you need me. lol. I figure you don’t,though, because this site isn’t lacking of anything!
    Well, I’ll just go back to rereading Twilight again and wait with bated breath for October…

10. I have never been to this site but I really I a huge fan of this book I read it like 20 times in the first week I got it. I can’t belive that you guys have already read though I am happy for you.When I fist read it I didnt know there was going to be a second book and I was about to write in hate mail for the ending she gave. But now I am so excited it comes out in my birthday month.OOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN’T WAIT! ( AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW).

11. I have mark when New Moon comes
    out on my calender!!!:-)!!!=:-)!!!:-)!!!:-)!!!:-)!!!:-)

12. Oh i cant wait till i get my hands on the new book!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. OMG……I can’t wait till New Moon comes out!!!! I’ve read Twilight 18 times. I am so excited. My friend and I have been wondering what could happen in the next book. Stephanie Meyer’s books are something I will always look forward to. I hope she makes more. I NEED NEW MOON SOON!!!!!!! I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. I’m jealous.

But…

If you had said that you would give away spoilers- I wouldn’t be able to ask, it wouldn’t make reading the whole thing all at once in those four-six hours of anorexia and antisocialness quite as thrilling as they ought to be.

ARGH! I can’t wait. This happens with HarryPotter too, by the way, when is the seventh coming out?

Anyway- I hate using exclamation marks, they are too overly used, but this deserves them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the fanfic is spectacular! I just finished the 17th chapter. Keep going! It’s terribly addicting.

15. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can’t wait! I was just reading that new moon might be coming out sooner than october(sings). Oh ya,and that the first chapter of new moon will be on SM.com july first! Woooooohhhhhhhooooooooooooo… I am totally dancing around! OMG, OMG, I’m going to pee my pants out of excitement.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

16. -Dies-
    I should rightfully be green now.
    You are so lucky. I heard it’s more totally awesome than Twilight(If that’s possible) by a local librarian.

17. oh my!! you guys are so lucky!! *jealous*

oooo i just cant wait any longer!!! seems like forever!!!

good job with the lexicon!! keep up the good work =)

18. Christy says:

I am green with envy and adrenaline just pumped through my veins….. can’t….wait….any….longer…..AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!

19. wow O_O
    i wanna read this book…althougt i won’t be able to buy it this year (october…¬¬)
    (i’m from argentina)
    but i will one day try to collect every single book i loved
    ’cause twilight was amazing
    and i know new moon will be really good

:D
    thanks for the info

you have a great webpage

byes

20. drchase says:

When I read that I nearly did my victory dance (most assuredly NOT pretty)…but anyway I just got onto the Twilight band wagon and am NEVER getting off! I’m soooooo excited about New Moon, but just the same, Midnight Sun had me howling :) for more! New Moon…New Moon…

21. so lucky. i can’t believe it. i’m craving to read the book. so lucky. at least i have the world cup to keep me patient.

22. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! im am sooooooo jelaous! my friend Jessie and i r like obbsessive-compulsive about Twilight and have talked about nothing else since we read it. We cant wait for New Moon and it is killing us that time doesn’t pass faster. Ive reread Twilight about a bizillion times and im gonna keep reading it over and over and over until New Moon is in my hands. I am happy 4 the people who got gally copies and i envy them grrrrr…..
    -Rachel

23. omg omg omg omg omg! omfg!

I can’t breathe!

24. Wow…congratulations on getting your copy.

Can’t wait until I get my hands on that book… >.

25. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i rememebr when i first saw twilight. i was obsessed that easily. i’ve read it about two million times and just can’t get edward out of my head (who can?) then i read about new moon and i was ready to faint. i just can’t wait!!!! then i came to this amzing website and i read your spoilers and i was literally froze in my chair with excitment. i want new moon!!!!

26. I love this book with a passion. My cousin is a crazed fan. THIS BOOK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Rossfil says:

Everyone makes fun of me for reading this book b/c im a guy and it documents a girl, but hey, what wrong with that. I even know a gangsta who reads this book!

28. You guys are so lucky!! I wish I was you right now!!!

Im dyeing for New Moon!!! i cant wait !!! I NEED IT!!!!

29. hey,
    i got New Moon last sunday, from Amazon, i think they mail books earily, so buy New Moon from Amazon!!!!!!!
    love it

30. uhh… dudes? i got news 4 ya. new moon is here in woburn. just so ya know, woburn is about twelve miles north of boston, maybe a ten minute drive. I already have trhee copies. i bought three because my mum runs a daycare. 1 for the bookshelf, one for the storage bin, and one ’cause i luv the book. *offers a small, sad smile.*

31. i bought it feom amazon. omfg! that book is awesome, i’ve read it three times and i have had it for 5 days.

32. so in need of New Moon, MUST GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Sara-Faith says:

Wow! That’s so cool! In the past 3 weeks I’ve gotten into this site alot. Yeah, it was after New Moon was released that I fould out about it, but I’ve learned so much about the books! It’s amazeing.

34. I read twilight many times, and bought the book New Moon the day it was released and have read it also many times. I am a huge fan, Stephanie Meyers knows how to entertain her readers and what we want, and love. But by the ending of New Moon I was wondering if you know if there will be a third book to this series? I hope so, it kinda leaves you hangin there wanting to read the next chapter to their life. Thanks so much…

35. i love new moon..if u had or could pick which one do you love more new moon or twilight ?

36. That’s soo cool for you guys to have the book. I got the paperback version with the 1st chapter of new moon and I was extremly dissapointed when it ended. I flipped the page and expected the next chapter to be there. -sighs- I suppose I have to be patient until October.

37. I would have to say Twilight and New Moon were the best books I have ever read. I read Twilight in three days and I stayed up till 5:00 in the morning reading New Moon because I couldn’t stop reading them. I was actually very sad when I finished reading them because I want to know so bad what will happen next. Now I have to wait till Eclipse to come out. Even my brother read these books and he is a big time gothic like kid, he also loved them.

38. OMG ^_^ I LOVE TWILGHT, NEW MOON, & ECLIPSE they r like the best books ever & i cant wait 4 BREAKING DOUN 2 come out & i cant wait 4 TWILIGHT the movie either ^_^

39. kayline says:

omg luv twilight lexion have a t-shirt and ll for books!!

im addicted to it like a druggy addicted to pot

40. kayline says: